A Fallen was located...

palin2222

So I was talking to a friend that I had in Highschool (about 10 years ago) and the subject of Warhammer 40k came up. It turns out that he plays as well, though he plays Ultra Marines. We scheduled a 2000 point game to take place towards the end of November. We have been in contact a few times over the past couple weeks but this morning I get a picture from him. Inside was a picture of a Marine painted in Pre-Heresy Dark Angel Colors! The only message read: "Look what I captured, bet you want him back huh? Beat me and you can have him."

Now I would have played him anyway, but now he went and made it personal. It has seriously been bugging me all day. Putting lists together in my head when I should be concentrating on work. I still have no idea what I am going to field. More on that later.

Anyway, it got me thinking, what would the Azael do if He got a call from Calgar

"Hey, Az, I got this guy here wearing some stuff you guys haven't worn since Before the Heresy. He is saying some pretty messed up things. I think you, me, and the Inquisition need to sit down and have a talk..."

I don't see that ending well for the Unforgiven...

... deploy the Interrogator-Chaplains... I smell the Fallen.

Hmmmm... there's nothing like a bit of off-table mind games to spice up an encounter eh? Best of luck.

Cheers

I

I Definitely was not expecting psychological warfare. Here, I was thinking it was just going to be a friendly game, but now its different. The honor of the Chapter is at stake.

I was planning on fielding my Interrogator Chaplain in Term armor. Was not sure if I should field Belial though. While fluff wise It would be a fight for the Death and Ravenwing, having the extra heavy weapons from some tactical squads might not be all that bad of an Idea. We are playing annihilation, so I dont need to worry about objectives or Kill points, I just need to kill everything he has

You have till the end of November?

Time for some intell gathering.

At the least you'll probably be facing Macgregge and his Honor Guard in a LR. Maybe Captain Cato and a couple of Sternguard Sqds. Rzrbks/Rhinos???

If both of these are on the table you'll only have to count for the remaining 1000 points.

I would suggest looking at the SM Army list thread to see whats happening.

Do a site search for your friends username to see what he has posted.

Oh you better believe that I will give you all a battle report. I'll give you a play by play!

The game will take place at the end of November, so I have a little over a month to prep. As for recon: I saw him walking out of a GW with a pack of Melee terminators, I can only assume he plans to field them. He also asked if he could field heros. So I think I can expect to see either Calgar and another Captain.

But on to our strategy:

For an HQ I'm thinking:

Interrogator Chaplain w/Term armor @150

and/or

Belial w/TLC @130

Chappie needs to be there one way or the other, being a great HQ and the fluff almost demands it.

Belial would be necessary if I am to field a Significant amount of Terms.

Assuming I take both, thats 280. 1720 left to spend

I want to field at least 3 troop choices.

if we go deathwing that is

Term 235

CML

TLC

TH/SS X3

SB/PF x1

Term 235

CML

TLC

TH/SS x3

SB/PF x1

Term 235

CML

SB/PF x5

235 x3 705

1015 left

Do I want a Tactical Squad to add a few more weapons that can pierce marine armor?

Ravenwing attack squad 290

+3 bikes

meltgun x2

attack bike w/mm

ravenwing support squad w/mm 65

ravenwing support squad w/mm 65

420 in fast attack. 595 left

how does the list look so far?

++ Edited. Please follow forum when posting army lists and only show total points for each unit/charcters and not for each item of wargear. I. ++

I don't know. With at least 7 chapters and a warp capable asteroid I doubt many want to insult the chapter by heading the words of an obvious traitor. Traitors say the darnedest things. They say things like Horus is the true Emperor.. lol

Sneaky little...daring send astropathic messages with picts from captured fallen?Daring to challenge the DA?

You have to mop the floor with him no less!

Show him why the deathwing has death as a prefix.Maul him down with our thunderhammers and be sure belial gets the killing blow on maernus.

Or the interrogator and then claim to have captured him.Asmodai will have some fun with Calgar tonight!

Turn those Land Speeders into Typhoons with Multi Meltas. More Krak rockets for busting tanks and jazz, and it;s one of the few things that's cheaper in our codex than the vanilla Marines. ;)

Seconded, more bang for the buck. I know I had at least 2 - maybe 3 - in my more recent games... I had a fun game where my BA friend who thought he would get the drop (pun intended) on me with like an 8-10 drop pod list. Well guess what, it was kill points - I castled up my force in the corner, and when the Typhoons came in from reserve they started picking off drop pods for points.

(Palin - you may want to leave the more detailed wargear costs off in your postings)

I had thought about it, as he may very well have an account here, but the damage is done.

Actually I think it may be against forum rules to post detailed wargear values, I believe that is what EPK meant.

Good luck brother, smash those pompous smurfs right in their faces!

It looks to me like you can field two more squads of Deathwing, throw in an apothecary for good measure. Given the points leftover maybe bring a dakka predator for good measure.

Archived