Daemon Primarchs.

Oh my :) God, if I hear the name 'Draigo' one more time... *mumbled threats of throwing Mat Ward to a pack of rabid Pomeranians*

Back on topic, Angron is probably my favorite Daemon Primarch, for only two reasons:

1. He still loves to run out into the Imperium every chance he gets to set a sector or two on fire.

2. http://images.wikia.com/warhammer40k/images/6/6a/Daemon_Prince_Angron_by_Alex_Boyd.jpg

That is all. :)

I'm inclined towards none of them, actually. Lorgar would normally be my favorite, but he hasn't really done anything as a daemon primarch, so I'm dissapointed by that.

The only two who have done anything is Angron and Magnus. While Magnus's rage at the Space Wolves is understandable, he simply doesn't know how to get the job done (relies too heavily on plots, when sometimes, you just need to kick down the front door) and thus is also rather lacklustre. Angron has never appealed to me, but that's purely a matter of personal taste and is really just IMHO (which isn't to say the rest of it isn't IMHO :) ).

>> Saa, the way you always sign off makes me cringe, because 'saa' is basically Japanese for 'Or something like that'.

haha.....well it's actually my real name......short for Sarazin (my mother was a hippie lol)

Saa

...or something like that ;)

While Magnus's rage at the Space Wolves is understandable, he simply doesn't know how to get the job done (relies too heavily on plots, when sometimes, you just need to kick down the front door) and thus is also rather lacklustre.

The problem is Magnus lacks men and the Fang is one of the greatest Fortresses in the Imperium with a few exception of some of the other famous places like Terra and Cadia.

>> Saa, the way you always sign off makes me cringe, because 'saa' is basically Japanese for 'Or something like that'.

haha.....well it's actually my real name......short for Sarazin (my mother was a hippie lol)

Saa

...or something like that ;)

Ouch. Although Sazarin sounds kinda cool. <_<

Oh my <_< God, if I hear the name 'Draigo' one more time... *mumbled threats of throwing Mat Ward to a pack of rabid Pomeranians*

Back on topic, Angron is probably my favorite Daemon Primarch, for only two reasons:

1. He still loves to run out into the Imperium every chance he gets to set a sector or two on fire.

2. http://images.wikia.com/warhammer40k/images/6/6a/Daemon_Prince_Angron_by_Alex_Boyd.jpg

That is all. ;)

I prefer how angron looked as a 'mortal' I think the daemon images of him have to much going on. The thing I loved about Pre heresy world eaters (and death guard) was how unadorned they were. Nothing fancy just the bare minimum. He seems a little to ostentatious. Still love the big lug don't get me wrong. Just a shame doombreed could slap him about which makes me think of doombreed is khrones chosen then why doesn't he do anything? He took part in the first war of armaggedon but then what?

I've been trying to knuckle down and wright my own little piece of fluff concerning the daemon primarchs calling together a council. I can see that being a total civil meeting. You think any of then would be happy to see one another?

Oh and one last thing I had a convo with a friend ago and he had said Magnus didn't become a daemon prince but one of the first changer of ways. Has anyone else heard this?

Actually, it's a key point in Mortarions background, and the entire reason Typhus is doing what he does, that Mortarion doesn't do anything. He just sits around on new Barbarus, making plagues, and that's about it.

In Flight of the Eisenstein, First Captain Typhon already has plans to (eventually) cut loose from Mortarion and become a "herald of greater powers".

So it doesn't have to be tied to Mortarion doing nothing.

Mortarion can always have a change of heart, so to speak, at some point between the Heresy and the present day, anyway.

While Magnus's rage at the Space Wolves is understandable, he simply doesn't know how to get the job done (relies too heavily on plots, when sometimes, you just need to kick down the front door) and thus is also rather lacklustre.

The problem is Magnus lacks men and the Fang is one of the greatest Fortresses in the Imperium with a few exception of some of the other famous places like Terra and Cadia.

Yes, but he's a Daemon Primarch. He can get manpower pretty quick if he wants it - he can probably even get Abbaddon to work with him if he can open a Warp-tear straight to Fenris.

Actually, it's a key point in Mortarions background, and the entire reason Typhus is doing what he does, that Mortarion doesn't do anything. He just sits around on new Barbarus, making plagues, and that's about it.

In Flight of the Eisenstein, First Captain Typhon already has plans to (eventually) cut loose from Mortarion and become a "herald of greater powers".

So it doesn't have to be tied to Mortarion doing nothing.

Mortarion can always have a change of heart, so to speak, at some point between the Heresy and the present day, anyway.

Except that it's outright stated in two sources (The Death Guard IA and the Heroes and Villains article on Typhus) that he hasn't. We have anecdotal, tenuous evidence for your argument, and two outright statements for mine...

Those are fairly old sources though- it seems clear from the Grey Knights codex that GW has rethought the "Mortarion has never left New Barbarus" idea.

yes... but the fluff in that book is soooooooooooo bad that we do not mention it and instead stick with the better (and so correct) fluff.

"better" doesn't necessarily mean "correct"- in the context of GW. There's lots of retcons certain people think are "worse"- but due to being retcons, they're closer to "correct"- new books will use them.

Dark Heresy: Daemon Hunter, for example, uses quite a lot from the GK codex. Such as the disappearance and reappearance of Titan.

I think of it as- Typhon had the plan to cut loose from the rest of the Death Guard as early as Flight of the Eisenstein (as that book says) but didn't actually do so till after the heresy, using "Mortarion won't get out and do anything" as an excuse.

And Mortarion rarely left his world- but has made occasional forays during Nurgle daemonic incursions.

"better" doesn't necessarily mean "correct"- in the context of GW. There's lots of retcons certain people think are "worse"- but due to being retcons, they're closer to "correct"- new books will use them.

Dark Heresy: Daemon Hunter, for example, uses quite a lot from the GK codex. Such as the disappearance and reappearance of Titan.

I think of it as- Typhon had the plan to cut loose from the rest of the Death Guard as early as Flight of the Eisenstein (as that book says) but didn't actually do so till after the heresy, using "Mortarion won't get out and do anything" as an excuse.

And Mortarion rarely left his world- but has made occasional forays during Nurgle daemonic incursions.

This isn't new BTW... It has been Typhon who took the Death Guard to Nurgle and not Mortarion... That's one of the reasons that Mortarion is so grumpy... Like Magnus he didn't really want to serve his patron.

Also I can't believe you tried to explain that better doesn't equal correct. Stuff like the disappearance of Titan isn't a problem... The fact that Dark Heresy uses something is neither here nor there... although I like a lot of the stuff FFG have done.

having just read the first heretic i now revise my spot for lordgar. I cant have him as any of my top primarchs. Altough he looks badass I cant stand how he is. His need for something to follow is weak bordering on the pathetic. Argel Tal should have let the custode blow his hearts out his spineless back.

http://images.wikia.com/warhammer40k/images/6/6a/Daemon_Prince_Angron_by_Alex_Boyd.jpg

Just look at that face. How can you not love it? :D

Indeed! Since "my" primarchs aren't daemon-primarchs (Alpharius-Omegon) I'd have to go with mr. Angron! He is a cutie! Blood for the blood god my friends!

Draigo is a fluff abomination

^^ This a thousand times over.

I'd say talking the deamon primarchs it'd be for me in this order;

- Angron

I mean he was Spartacus, and even after ascension as already pointed out he's rampaged through the galaxy. His hunger for war is insatiable.

- Peturabo

I almost feel like he personifies "less is more". Perhaps it's just my mind, but I picture him deep in Medrengard building. Like a deranged spider at the core of industrialization gone amuck, always building. Always intense. The bastard child of hate, paranoia and creativity. Creating. Creating to ultimately uncreate.

having just read the first heretic i now revise my spot for lordgar. I cant have him as any of my top primarchs. Altough he looks badass I cant stand how he is. His need for something to follow is weak bordering on the pathetic. Argel Tal should have let the custode blow his hearts out his spineless back.

Read Aurelian, I think you'll reevaluate your perception of Lorgar afterwards.

Archived