My new Agemman in TDA

neo06660

Hi,

As some of you know, I'm building the 1st, 2nd and 10th companies of smurfs. I did build a 1st comp capt in PWA and i find it to gentle for a veteran company captain. I then decided to build another one, in TDA, from scratch. He's going to look quite unique (I haven't seen one close to this design so far).

gallery_63842_6526_98758.jpg

gallery_63842_6526_24617.jpg

As you may see, it's my first attemp with green stuff.

Please let me know your comments

You're going to build 100 terminators, 100 PA marines, and 100 scouts?

Hum, i m going to build a 1st company with 40 termies and 3 sternguard squad and 3 vanguards squad, it s halfway built but not yet painted,

but for the rest, it s pretty much what i ll do. I m more than halfway done for the collecting, but for painting i have somehow 25 guys done : calgar sicarius agemman 2 vanguard, 1st tactical squad, command squad and razorback.

more than that, 2nd company is going to be an exact copy of the one presented in the codex 5th ed.

Pretty nice conversion. How soon will you paint him?

I will paint it ASAP. The point is that winter is approaching here and i can t prime my minis inside. I have to build kind of 25 termies and a couple of other things (like some orks and some scouts :D ) and i will prime them next week. But maybe I ll do a special because this pal has been on my desk for almost a month (I was waiting for some final parts to come in) and I want it done pretty soon. After this one, my whole HQ is done (Agemman, Sicarius, Antilochus, Calgar) and I'll be able to move foward.

BTW thanks for comments

Hi again,

I took some times to goof around with photo shop and Here is a colored version of the future design. I don't know yet if it s going to be the final one. In fact, my other termies are painted like this :

white head & eagle

boltgun crux and skulls

I pretty much always respected that except for captains wich as golden skulls in general (Calagar, sicarius and agemman PWA). For this one I would like him to respect somhow the color scheme for 1st company but I would like to make him to be kind of out of the mass.

So give me suggestions, Im realy blind for this one.

Well this is what I have right now (juste from front view)

gallery_63842_6526_111043.jpg

I would like to add that the back of the cloak si obviously red as all the other captains of my army.

shouldn't his helmet be red?

other than that i think adding a few bits of gold detailing on his shoulderpads and the hammer could stand you in good stead, it generally depends on how much you want him to stand out from your other termies..

also your power armoured version has a bionic eye.. why not carry that across on the termie equivilant too?

shouldn't his helmet be red?

other than that i think adding a few bits of gold detailing on his shoulderpads and the hammer could stand you in good stead, it generally depends on how much you want him to stand out from your other termies..

also your power armoured version has a bionic eye.. why not carry that across on the termie equivilant too?

It s a good point for the bionic eye. For the colour, my only problem is that my sergeants are going to have red head also....so .... I don t know what to do. And for the gold, this is what I tought, in general, catpains has a Big eagle on the shoulder or something like that. But the FW ultra pad kind of restrict me. I could try to add some little trim on the armor and the pads. I have a lot of difficulties to work with GS....it took me something like 2 hours to build the cloak and tabbar.

I used to try to add some trims on the armor, but they was always to big. If you have some thricks that would be appreciated.

if you're just painting the trim on, use the side of the brush and a decent gold colour rather than a regular highlight and go round the whole pad (have a look at the ultramarine command squad on gw's website for an example)

as far as working with greenstuff for trim etc, work slowly and get hold of some clay shapers, its a whole lot easier to get a decent finish on something over several attempts than sticking your thumb in something that has been carefully crafted but not left to dry.

in terms of shoulderpads id say leave the ultra one as is.. change the crux to an eagle if you go down that route (hack job of marnues could be used to acheive this.. though its not ideal.

if your sarges are having red helms perhaps you could give him a helmet stripe? so red helm with white down the middle or inverse?

another suggestion would be to make colour his ultramarine pad like his heraldry

finally you could make his iron halo golden which will make him stand out a bit more.. as atm the grey/iron look to it isnt adding much to his "fancy points"

if you're just painting the trim on, use the side of the brush and a decent gold colour rather than a regular highlight and go round the whole pad (have a look at the ultramarine command squad on gw's website for an example)

as far as working with greenstuff for trim etc, work slowly and get hold of some clay shapers, its a whole lot easier to get a decent finish on something over several attempts than sticking your thumb in something that has been carefully crafted but not left to dry.

in terms of shoulderpads id say leave the ultra one as is.. change the crux to an eagle if you go down that route (hack job of marnues could be used to acheive this.. though its not ideal.

if your sarges are having red helms perhaps you could give him a helmet stripe? so red helm with white down the middle or inverse?

another suggestion would be to make colour his ultramarine pad like his heraldry

finally you could make his iron halo golden which will make him stand out a bit more.. as atm the grey/iron look to it isnt adding much to his "fancy points"

Thats all good ideas. I think i'm going to do some modif. I have some argile and some green stuff left. I think i m gona mold some tyranic war veterans icons to add a little kick of the tyranic war. I m going to swap the shoulder pads as in my army, the ultramarine symbol is on the right hand. That will allow me to use another desing for the left hand. Maybe I will use the deathwatch shoulder, to had some leveling on the pad and modify it or something like that. I tryed to find some shoulder pads with an eagle on it for Termies, but there is none except calagar and i don t want to rip him off as i also have him in my army.

Thanks for the suggestions, i m grateful. I will paint the halo in gold probably.

Red helmet = Sergeant

White helmet = Veteran

Blue helmet with white stripe/laurels = Veteran

Red helmet with white stripe/laurels = Veteran Sergeant

White helmet with red stripe/laurel = Veteran Sergeant

Sicarius and the Masters Of The Chapter show us that Captains seem to stick to a base blue helmet with lots of decorative stuff.

Maybe make Agemman's helmet blue with a white stripe and lots of gold decoration? I think that's what I'd do.

WAAAAAAAAY back in the day:

Blue helmet with a red stripe edged in gold and black = Captain

Black Helmet with whitestripe = Veteran Captain

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u72/Bob_Hunk/Miniatures%20-%20Crimson%20Fists/CrimsonFists01c.jpg

Oddly, there's precedence for Ultramarines Terminators with blue helmets. Look behind Calgar. I think they look pretty cool.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a367/Ieyke/Warhammer%2040k/16-big.jpg

Canis: They're both retcons. The idea of marines averaging a century or more of service in the fluff meant they had to change the meaning of the service studs to a century and field police just weren't viable with the change from an undefined elite military unit to the knights templar model they use now for space marines.

joe

I made some modif according to comment:

changed the right s pad.

added the eagle on top instead of iron halo

changed the head to have a targeting lense like the PWA one.

here s the new look.

gallery_63842_6526_46131.jpg

gallery_63842_6526_30487.jpg

I project to add some ropes to hold the cloak and a termie crux somehow

I promissed news this week so here they are.

I give you a prelimary version of the final product:

gallery_63842_6526_55200.jpg

gallery_63842_6526_90083.jpg

what is left to do is:

cloak: drybrush red red red and red

blue: final highlight (spacewolf grey + ultra blue mix)

golden: little highlight

white: need to add the white on grey part and paint tabbar and inside of the cloak

crux and skulls: highlight chainmail

tyranid head

base

finish purity seals

paint the agemman armory symbol on the shoulder shield

give me your comments, do you like the actual color setup?

It's looking good. I like the helmet colors.

I think he'd be better served with more white iconography, or even gold, than the giant Boltgun Metal Crux Terminatus symbols on his right greave, codpiece and left pauldron. At the very least a MUCH brighter metal, like Mithril Silver.

I also think you're going to need some manner of red on his lower left front side. According to the photoshopped colors, he's going to be unbalanced by haveing so much red in Purity Seals, his hammer, and his shield, that that lower left area is going to look oddly empty. Perhaps a Greek key pattern border in red along the inside of his cape?

Archived