(Artwork) SM Helmet

madscuzzy

The side of me that respects art in all it's forms gives this a huge thumbs up. You art always inspires.

The side of me that is utterly dedicated to the gothic, low-tech nature of 40k isn't wild about this piece, but hey, to each their own.

it looks to delicate IMO. not sur it can withstand a bolter round...

And a regular helmet could?!

Not if you watch the Ultramarines Movie it can't. Mind you, in that movie they may as well have worn papier mache.

Awesome artwork. It's like looking into the future. WAHAMMER 160,000!

Its quite obviously a prototype of the new Mark 9 helmut that corresponds with the Mark 9 "Cataphract" style suit of power armor; circa early M42. The design is structured around an advanced heads up display and targeting array that links with all new "Prometheus" pattern bolters and subsequent "tracker" long range high explosive ammunition. This style was born out of need to combat a two fold threat that was compromising the security of the Imperium. The first being the encroachment of Hive Fleet Bahomette (the subsequent destruction of Macragge and the near complete annihilation of the Ultramarines sent shock waves threough the Imperium) and the constant movement of the, now emboldedned, Tau Empire. It was during these dark times that a near complete STC was located on a derilict pre-Imperial ship by an Adeptes Mechanicus Explorator vessel in the galatic south; it was detected in the Ver'desh Masif (an Delta level gravity well) and salvaged. Due to the extreme nature of the threat the normal test and evaluation phases were set aside allowing for faster creation and distribution of the new weapons and armor. Additionally, by order of the High Lords of Terra, the STC was quickly copied and sent throughout the Imperium via the Forge worlds. The tide, slowly but surely, had begun to turn,....

Sorry,...it was in my head. Couldnt help myself.

Severus6

• 4 weeks later...

Archived