Need help with my Sang Guard

AntRingrose

Hi All,

I could really do with some advise from my fellow BA battle Brothers and Sisters (we cant forget about you!)

I am currently deciding on how to paint my Sang Guard, i am currently undecided on either the traditional gold style or go for a white/ creamy white style.

I've got my gold technique sorted, i need advise on the white armour style.

So my question is, for those out there in the 41M... how do you paint your Sang Guard with white/ creamy white armour?

Thanks

Ant.

For white PA I start with a white basecoat and then wash over the entire model with black ink. I then simply repaint the armour plates with white. Very simple but very effective and my friends tell me that my Sanguinary Priests are amongst my best looking models.

It might be easier to spray the model in grey and then once dry spray in white but more lightly. This will insta-shade your model and you can Badab Black wash the recesses to further define the shading. If you want a 'bonier' shade then use a different base colour to the grey, so a light brown (army painter do a fair variety of colours that you might want to peruse).

Let me know how that works out for you.

White foundation

Mix Skull White and Charadon Granite 1:2 and paint it all over

Add skull white for highlights, until pure SW for the strongest edge-highlights.

For the final touch, thin Charadon granite with water and apply it to the recesses.

It creates nice depth and better(more realistic) shadows than black or grey.

Snorri

Archived