Sons Of Zion

hello B&C brethren

i have for you're viewing pleaser my new DIY chapter that I have just started in the works. I have named them the sons of Talos. unfortunately i have not made any sort of head way with the Fluff or even with the models themselves. but here i have a SM painter design for you guys. tell what you think of the colour scheme.

gallery_56764_6011_9174.jpg

Straightforward and unfussy - just as Marines ought to be. A limited palette means that as a group they'll have a very strong unified appearance as opposed to schemes that can get too cluttered with different and/or clashing colours. Looks like it would translate well to vehicles, also - which is another plus.

Hello again with my first models update! Here is my first Tac marine.

gallery_56764_6011_150772.jpg

once again my ipod doesn't have the greatest camera on it. but until get to use my Bro's camera then we should be good :)

anyway so for the main colour i have used dark flesh, then wash it with Badab black (to give it more or a darker look) and for the helm and shoulder trim i have used Mithril sliver. then when i have applied the wash(s) i highlight the armour with Dark Flesh again, and same for the Mithril sliver.

and another WIP i have here is my sergeant for my Tac squad enjoy :D

gallery_56764_6011_20392.jpg

• 1 month later...

hey everyone! sorry it been along time since i... well posting anything.

so i have finished my Sons of talos tactical squad, and the Chapter master as well!

here are some pics (once again i have to use my ipod for this, quietly wouldn't be the greatest)

gallery_56764_6011_189696.jpg

heres a group pic

gallery_56764_6011_116589.jpg

and my Chapter Master, Godfery the lion heart.

hey everyone again! so for this post i will be giving you the fluff about the chapter, and reasoning for the colour scheme for my Chapter Master

so first off fluff....

So they call themselves the "sons of talos" naming themselves after the native god "talos" who is the god of war and strength.

after a recent inter-civil war between the post chapter master "Adiran", who was tainted by the forces of chaos, and the current chapter Master

Godfrey the lion heart, who at the civil wars beginning was the First company Captain. for 10 years they fought, the loyal sons of the emperor, and the

tainted sons of Chaos, but the end result was the Adiran was chased into the Eye and never seen again. the chapter Current strength is below the normal amount of

Space marines (numbers 750-850 battle brothers).

After the rogue sons were pushed into the Eye, the chapter went on a 100 year crusade, in order to redeem themselves in the eyes of the Emperor and Humanity.

now the chapters crusade is over, and now the serve the imperium like all other Space marine chapters. but there have been times when the Sons have faced there Fallen

Brethren.

The Sons of Talos' battle doctrine is one based off of there native people of their home world, Tareus IV. In battle, the first into the fray are close combat brothers, Assault marines and vanguard veterans, while close behind, tactical marines and sternguard veterans cover the assaulting units. this culminates into battle line which at a good pace, clears out enemies. the Sons of talos do though rely heavily on Assault units and mid-ranged units. and in some cases, Terminator instead led assaults.

so some of you maybe wondering why the change with my Chapter Masters Colours?

gallery_56764_6011_54172.jpg

When i was painting my chapter master, wanted something that would stand out from the army as "he looks important"

but sticking to the colour scheme of the chapter. the sliver arms are going to be the "veteran/ HQ" marks, kinda like the

blood Ravens Captains. all in all with the chapter master himself, i don't know if the purple cloak and loin cloth fit in with

the over all colour scheme.

gallery_56764_6011_116589.jpg

so let me know what you guys think! i hope to buy some new units soon, maybe a Veteran squad of some sort or simply

an Assault squad. anyways see you guys in the next update.

• 3 weeks later...

Im back with some more pics of the tac squad i was talking about and a nice close up of my captain!

here are some more pics of the tactical squad members.

gallery_56764_6011_996236.jpg

gallery_56764_6011_175573.jpg

and the unpainted marines!

gallery_56764_6011_37868.jpg

and a nice group picture!

gallery_56764_6011_871636.jpg

and here we have another picture of my captain, but up close!

gallery_56764_6011_749644.jpg

And for my final picture, we have here this... random marine i have made... not sure what to use him for so let me know what u guys

think he should be.

gallery_56764_6011_34223.jpg

Nice looking scheme, really good overall :)

But you hijacked my Chapter Badge -_-

So I must therefore declare a crusade against your Chapter!!! ;)

Also, I think the random Marine should be a Libby.

I also agree on the random marine - he could very easily be a libby. That colour scheme is nice and simple - different enough to be yours and not other peoples'. Keep it up. ;)

Archived