Help With Marine identification

thelordcal

Ok So long story short, i got about 800 dollars worth of blood angels for low price of 50 bucks. Yeah i'm kinda awesome. Anyway I decided i wanted to build a descent of Angels list.

I am a 40k noob, long time fantasy and LOTR vet, so i've been relentlessly trying to piece everything together so i know what to build in the future, and by future i mean sometime today since i bought 2 more boxes of assault marines and a box of Vanguard Vets and a Reclusiarch with a jump pack.

I have:

7x Marines with Chainsword, 5 have bolters and 2 have plasma guns. ( I just ordered two boxes of jumppacks from Gamesworkshop so i can turn them into jump marines.)

Now here's where it gets a little complicated...

I have 3 jump marines with chainsword, 2 with bolter other with i think a melta gun...

Next i have 6 marines with special weapons...

One has a banner, probably remove it and attack it to my sanguinary guard. He also has a power sword.

Ok 3 haved Power Swords, 2 have plasma guns, the other has a stormshield.

One has a pari of Lightening claws.

One has Lightening Claw and Storm Shield.

So i thought most of those power weapons were honor guard, but i don't think that squad is worth its points unless its packing 4x meltas.

So i think i'll make the 3x Chainsword Marines just Vanilla Assault Marines. Then using the power weapon marines as Vanguard Vet?

Does that make anysense? sorry for my ignorance.

Last thing is i don't want any plasma guns, i was hoping to do all infernus and melta, does anyone know how easy it is to remove a plasma gun and where i can get additional meltas?!

Thanks for your time,

Cal

lordcal, selling and trading on the B+C is not allowed.

If you have a link to an ebay auction or something similar where you are selling the pieces you don't want you can put that in your signature.

For the post, removing plasmaguns shouldn't be too hard. Getting more meltas can be a pain, I had to special order some from GW.

Archived