Bolt Pistol and Chainsword Bits

Blitzkrieg861

Hey guys, I'm trying to find a more economic way of making Assault Marines (with or without jump packs) and I've got two of the Assault Marine boxes now but I can't help but feel a little jipped by the fact that for about $15 more I could've had 20 Tactical Marines. I'm considering buying a box so I can make them Assault Marines instead but the box doesn't come with many bolt pistols or chainswords, I think just one for the Sarge.

I know I can order the jump packs from GW by themselves but is there a good way to get bolt pistols and chainswords so I can convert a tac squad in this fashion?

consider the JPs your other 5 marines.. Where as you pay $37 plus S&H for a 10 man gunline with a ML. ;)...Or a 5 man that cost 4 dollars less $33 that can DS/ DOA/ RB spam/ an CCW with a 12 inch jump. Better bang for your buck. My advice is to get the DC box with better gear. ;)

As for the CCWs bitz I bought a BT box and that lasted me forever with all the CCW bitz in there, and the options to trade others use the bolter to trade with for other CCW's. It make everyone happy to have penitant marine doing the grim work for the BIG E.

I was thinking of the Black Templar box but on the GW website it looks like you get 5 bolt pistols and 5 chainswords which isn't enough for the price I'd pay. I'm essentially trying to pay less than what GW is wanting me to pay for their ASM boxes. Does anyone know exactly how many bolt pistols and chainswords come with them?

I will check out the online bitz stores too. Thanks brothers.

In regards to Space Wolves, I have some spare bits from my army but I wouldn't buy the Grey Hunters box just for the bits. It will give enough for 10 guys to have bolt pistol and chainsword but then I have to buy a Tac squad box and it's become more expensive than just buying the 2 boxes of ASM. The Space Wolves look awesome, don't get me wrong, but I don't want wolf tails, runes and such hanging off of my BA guys.

Hey guys, I'm trying to find a more economic way of making Assault Marines (with or without jump packs) and I've got two of the Assault Marine boxes now but I can't help but feel a little jipped by the fact that for about $15 more I could've had 20 Tactical Marines. I'm considering buying a box so I can make them Assault Marines instead but the box doesn't come with many bolt pistols or chainswords, I think just one for the Sarge.

I know I can order the jump packs from GW by themselves but is there a good way to get bolt pistols and chainswords so I can convert a tac squad in this fashion?

You can get Chaos pistol and sword arms for fairly cheap on eBay, as the other posters have alluded to. The Chaos icons are easier to get rid of than the Wolfy bits on the GH gear.

As Chaos is old news, demand for their stuff is low, and therefore cheaper than the trendier 5th ed. goodies. :)

All you need is a decent knife to slice the icons off with. Sharp is safer than blunt.

Archived