back to the tabletop

tednificent

Hello all

I haven't been on here in a while. I've been moving and actually trying to open up a little gaming store. But anyways, my friends and I had to put away the models for a while but recently we have been back at it. I haven't been fairing so well recently. I keep making a few fundamental mistakes that always seem to cost me big. Got to make errors to improve I guess. But I will get to the reason I am posting. I have really been trying to learn how to play my Stormraven effectively. I understand that running just one raven is probably not the best idea. But I can't purchase another at the moment so I have to make do. I usually try to run 1 assault squad in my lists accompanied by a good bit of mech. I have tried spamming armor 13 to help protect it, reserving it, always keeping it in cover or moving flat out. It is a big, juicy target. I have tried to throw in less threatening squads, and I hardly ever put a dread on it anymore. I don't know, I guess what I am asking is do any of you all successfully run 1 Stormraven the majority of the time? And what do you like to put in it? What do you do to make something else juicier?

I usually run 5dc and lemmy in it but have tried other options. Thanks for the help in advance

Ted

I run a single Stormraven at 1500 and it usually survives long enough to do what I want it to do.

Turn 1 I either sit back and unleash all my weapons (I usually take Typhoon missile launcher and plasma cannons) or I turbo-boost up to within 18" of the enemy and hide in terrain (so next turn I can move 12" and assault out of it). My usual payload is either 6xDC, a Libby and a DC dread with Talons OR a Terminator Assault Squad, priest and Libby Dread.

Alongside the 'raven I run 2 Baal Preds (Flamestorm variety with no sponsons), at least 2 Rhinos full of Assault Squads (first turn moving flat out and popping smoke) and a Dread in a drop pod (which either comes down in the midst of the enemy or out to the side to draw them out to play).

Hope that helps ;)

Archived