Machine Curse

radens

As in title - do cover save apply when struck by machine curse? The entry states that "If the machine curse hits, the target vehicle AUTOMATICALLY suffers a single glancing hit." Remember, that MC is a psychic shooting attack.

If its a psychic shooting attack, it provides a cover save. The automatically part quoted just means you don't need to roll to hit with it.

I think you meant to say "roll for armor penetration". :lol:

well, no, I meant what I wrote. I just misread his post and therefore posted incorrect information.

I'd say no cover saves for this particular effect type psychic power. You are bypassing everything to roll on the damage table as a glancing hit. Cover saves would occur after a hit dice is rolled, not at the end of the damage process. This effect spell goes around the normal hit-save-strngth-effect of normal shooting...it goes right to effect.

I am meaning what I'm writing too.

I'd say no cover saves for this particular effect type psychic power. You are bypassing everything to roll on the damage table as a glancing hit. Cover saves would occur after a hit dice is rolled, not at the end of the damage process. This effect spell goes around the normal hit-save-strngth-effect of normal shooting...it goes right to effect.

I am meaning what I'm writing too.

Except that it totally doesn't.

It still requires a roll to hit, and causes a damage effect, so you get a cover save. It simply skips the Armor Penetration roll.

You take the save after determining whether it's a Glancing hit, Penetrating hit, or No Effect. Machine Curse is automaticall Glancing. Cover save next, then roll on the damage table.

Archived