2 power weapons

grimnar11

You haven't lived until you've modeled and fielded a guy with two thunder hammers; totally worth it. Endless lolz.

I have been considering building a captain with a TH and a Lit Claw lately, giving him both an anti-vehicle option and anti-infantry option when in melee. He does have to choose which weapon he uses each phase and I'm pretty sure he can't mix and match within a phase (? no book atm). The issue is I do think it's folly to have an IC that doesn't take advantage of his high initiative (a hammer/fist swings at I1) but I loathe having any heroic model that can't throw down with a Dreadnought in a pinch (Lit Claws are disappointingly ineffective).

Anyway, the core of it all is "Yes, you can" but you can only choose one to use for a given assault phase. It adds flexibility.

A note on what LPeterson said...a power weapon need not have a second power weapon of the same kind to get +1A (indeed, power weapon + pistol does the trick), unless that weapon is a special weapon (lit claw, power fist, thunder hammer)...then the offhand weapon must be identical to get +1A (twin LCs, twin PFs like Calgar, etc).

You haven't lived until you've modeled and fielded a guy with two thunder hammers; totally worth it. Endless lolz.

I totally want to do that. are there any boxes that come with both a right and a left arm holding a TH?

A note on what LPeterson said...a power weapon need not have a second power weapon of the same kind to get +1A (indeed, power weapon + pistol does the trick), unless that weapon is a special weapon (lit claw, power fist, thunder hammer)...then the offhand weapon must be identical to get +1A (twin LCs, twin PFs like Calgar, etc).

Yes, good point. I recognise my failing and will strive to correct it.

slightly OT ;) but in answer to your question, not that I've seen. I picked up the TH/SS kit from GW Direct and hacked up a power axe and some sprue to convert up a TH for the other hand. Even easier than it sounds.

slightly OT :) but in answer to your question, not that I've seen. I picked up the TH/SS kit from GW Direct and hacked up a power axe and some sprue to convert up a TH for the other hand. Even easier than it sounds.

That's exactly how this guy was born.

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll293/awfulawful/hammers.jpg

Archived