Landspeeder storm tactica?

rusty1109

Hi all,

I bought my landspeeder storm because I liked the model, which is pretty much why I bought the ntirety of my first 1500 points worth of marines!

The difference is that my storm is still in my army and will never leave, regardless of the points level I play at!

I've been offering my advice on quite a few army lists recently encouraging people to use the storm and every time I suggest it a mini storm pro's and con's debate ensues.

I'd love to have a little guide that I could just direct people to instead of getting into it every time.

Just wanted a few thoughts on whether people think it's worth me doing though?

Rusty

hi rusty1109

there has been plenty written/discussed about land speeder storms, althouhg they dont have thier own mini-tactica.

Given that ive covered them in both my tenth company tactica and my article on tenth company metagaming, i never felt the need to publish thier own dedicated article.

i do however have one written up, i can post it if you like, although it does need some editing and beautification

I had a feeling you might have had something written on this already! Didn't find a dedicated storm tactica by yourself though which is why I put this up.

I just think that there's an awful lot to say about the storm, it's purpose and how to best use it in certain situations as well as a very interesting discussion to be had about how good it is vs other fast attack choices, one of the common things people say is that they'd rather run an attack bike rather than a storm (Crazy I know!).

There's no point me writing something that's already been written so I'd like to see yours, I may be able to add to it from my own experiences (the storm is the ONLY unit that has featured in every list I've ever played in this edition!)

Rusty

There's no point me writing something that's already been written so I'd like to see yours, I may be able to add to it from my own experiences (the storm is the ONLY unit that has featured in every list I've ever played in this edition!)

i wrote a quick piece a while back, and it does need some updating, im just adding some pics and diagrams to it.. it wil definately need some re-writing

ill post it up in a bit and then we can fill it out between us if you like.

Very nice as always, it's pretty good as it is a little polish perhaps and I'd like to write a little bit about the storm vs the other fast attack choices.

I will have think and put some bits up for consideration.

I LOVE your before and after pictures btw, show me another unit in 40k that can do that on turn one as cheaply!

The storm has just got to be dedicated in the next codex or at the very least squadronable.

It's pretty good as it is, a little polish perhaps and I'd like to write a little bit about the storm vs the other fast attack choices.

I will have think and put some bits up for consideration.

sounds good, id love to add some other peoples experiences.

Archived