The CAR: Caestus Assault Ram

captain sox

Hey folks!

Been away from 40K for a bit while working on my Lizards... but I'm slowly coming back.

One of the reasons I left 40K is I found it was becoming stale. Maybe it's just me getting older, maybe it's the way the game has evolved. Who knows for sure. What I do know is that I'm slowly getting interested in my Marines again (of course, I sold off about 85% of my army... figures) and I want to go in a new direction. Maybe adding things I've never used before, new tactics, new units and vehicles.

I got a substantial promotion at work, and can now afford even more goodies, plus i can re-build my force again. So this brings me to my questions. Have any of you used the Caestus Assault Ram in games? Is the model itself a good experience to build? The rules are classed as "Experimental", so will they ever become official? Overall, what are your thoughts on this.

Please let me know.

Thanks

I can tell you that the rules are official. But you will either need a copy of the second edition apocalypse rules(£26), or the second book in the badab IA series (£55). Putting it together is a simple affair as far as the amount of parts that make the kit but if parts are slightly bowed on sections it can cause some alignment issues. But remember if bits are really bad forgeworld will replace them easily enough. Havnt played with mine yet but the fact that you can carry 10 terminators and move flat out at 36" will make it fun to use.

The Ceastus, along with the hades breaching drill and dreadnought drop pods that allow you to assault, are one of the few things from forgeworld that are considered "broken" by many people.

I wouldn't count on getting to use it in any tournament but I'm sure nobody would mind if you used it as a stand in for a storm raven.

The Ceastus, along with the hades breaching drill and dreadnought drop pods that allow you to assault, are one of the few things from forgeworld that are considered "broken" by many people.

I wouldn't count on getting to use it in any tournament but I'm sure nobody would mind if you used it as a stand in for a storm raven.

Yeah well those people are wrong about the hades breaching drill... right in most cases where the lucius pattern drop pod is concerned (although someone told me IAA 2nd ed has updated the rules making it more dangerous to use and more expensive) and I'm still on the fence about the ceastus... sometimes it seems deadly and at other times it seems meh...

As for tactics it is pretty simple... ram it down the enemy's throat... disembark unit... then ram that unit down the enemy's throat... add a sprinkling of melta death to suit your taste.

What do you rekon is broken mate? it's a higher points cost than a land raider but you sacrifice armour for speed. Granted carrying 10 termies is crazy but it's only two off a crusader. I don't play tournaments so I may be a little naive on the subject.

It's mostly just how good it is at ramming stuff. And the large blast melta cannon...

It's mostly just how good it is at ramming stuff. And the large blast melta cannon...

*Spits out water* :o

So let me get this straight. It can move 36" and therefore is deadly when ramming things, carry 10 Terminators who can assault out of it (when it doesn't move 36" I hope) and it has a melta weapon that uses the large blast template?

:lol: :P :down:

*Spits out water* :o

So let me get this straight. It can move 36" and therefore is deadly when ramming things, carry 10 Terminators who can assault out of it (when it doesn't move 36" I hope) and it has a melta weapon that uses the large blast template?

;) :tu: ^_^

It also comes standard with a teleport homer :) In case 10 terminators isn't enough.

So basically the "OFFICIAL RULES" and the "EXPIERIMENTAL RULES"

do not differ much. What changed?

Makes me wonder if i could use one of these for my Dark Angels.

put a 10 man squad of veterans in it with storm shields,storm bolters and power

weapons,ram it into something and then teleport my deathwing in for the

Hell of it :angry:

So basically the "OFFICIAL RULES" and the "EXPIERIMENTAL RULES"

do not differ much. What changed?

Makes me wonder if i could use one of these for my Dark Angels.

put a 10 man squad of veterans in it with storm shields,storm bolters and power

weapons,ram it into something and then teleport my deathwing in for the

Hell of it :P

It did lose the Ceramite Shielding rule and thus gets killed by Melta.

Archived