My Night Lords Chaos Space Marines

Guest giant275

Guest giant275

This is my first Chaos Space Marine model i have painted. I have decided to go with the Night Lords paint scheme for my army.

Am new to painting in general, i've only painted a few Ogres from Warhammer Fantasy before this.

I'm not sure how i am going to base them, so some recommendations would be nice.

Please c & c.

gallery_64331_6619_12619.jpg

It might be the camera but he's mostly black with hints of blue.

I quite like that.

Good choice for your warband, may I recommend something easy like urban or desert bases?

There are plenty of examples and recipes on GW's website.

cork is a nice material for basing, it looks like rock if painted accordingly.

marine is looking good. one thing though, he already has lightning on his shoulder, so i think he's finished, but the armor color looks like black to me. if you want him to look like a night lord, he needs dark (midnight blue) blue armour with lightning on it. the blue color of the robes of the ogre in the backround would be a good start.

another thing would be highlighting, but i'm not an experienced painter myself, so i'll let others comment on that :D

conversion wise, i like the choice of parts, especially the skull faced helmet fits the night lords scheme nicely.

i'm looking forward to seeing more...

Guest giant275

Thanks for your replies guys.

The camera isn't the best i know, but it is the best i have. It's my iPhone.

The Marine armour is Necron Abyss, i know it looks alot darker/black but that is the camera :D . The bolter is Chaos Black though. There are some highlights there of regal blue followed by enchanted blue.

They are visible, especially on the elbows and the backpack of the model.

Thanks for the base recommendation, i will have a look on GW website for the info. ;)

ah, now i see midnight clad :(

captain looks nice, though i think the free spaces on his legs scream for more lightning.

looking forward to more :rolleyes:

Looks good but I agree with Wicced. Those legs are begging for a fork of lightning or two. I'm not sure if it's your camera phone or what but your Necron Abyss looks more purplish than my minis sitting in front of me. Comparing the two. ;) But anyways great start looking forward to seeing more.

Guest giant275
It must be the camera, looking at them infront of me, they are very much blue not purplish. :woot: I'll put some more lightning on the next model i finish.

• 3 months later...
Guest giant275

Hi guys, it's been a while since i've been on here due to me not painting much at all.

I recently picked up my brushes again and had a good go at a couple of models.

These models are done apart from the bases since i still haven't decided what to do for them.

First i painted was a Terminator Lord.

gallery_64331_6619_69423.jpg

gallery_64331_6619_49311.jpg

I've also finished another marine, he's nothing special so no solo pictures of him, instead here are all of my Night Lords army so far.

gallery_64331_6619_69629.jpg

gallery_64331_6619_12626.jpg

The camera on my phone really doesn't do them justice.

Please feel free to comment/criticise. Both are welcome.

Archived