Lugft Huron - assault based army

Loshkins

I need a reason to buy Lugft Huron and some terminators so I've set myself a challenge to make an assault based army incorporating them...but I need help/advice. I've also got a great paint scheme in mind, but thats for another time.

The theme I want to go for is a strong assault element with fire support, and have it at least somewhat competitive (I hope) army based on some restrictions.

What I want to have for sure is:

-Lugft Huron + terminator Assault squad

-Dreadnought with Plasma Cannon and CC

-Contemptor pattern dread - no idea on what to arm him with.

-No bikers.

Anything else is fair game. So do you guys think its do-able? I know it won't be the most competitive, but I want to give it a shot.

I'm currently thinking 3 Tac squads with melta/power fist in RB (assault cannons?) for troops. A pair of assault squads with melta and fists and Vanguard squad - not decided on what to equip them with.

So, thoughts, ideas? Thanks guys!

One of my friends plays Astral Claws, and uses Honour Guard with Huron, it makes a nasty unit, if perhaps a little fragile. Sticks them in a Land Raider Redeemer and uses them as a spearhead or a counter-attacking unit.

As for an assault army, I feel it's best to just settle on it being a typical, flexible army with an assault element led by Huron. Make sure you have other units that can support them, through softening up enemy units, to taking out transports, or even providing some cover for them or something similar. So definitely some Tactical Marines in Rhinos. The standard support options apply, Typhoons, combi-preds, fast melta choices.

As for the Contemptor, I'd consider taking a look at the assault cannon, an extra two shots over a standard assault cannon is pretty good. Either that or two DCCWs with flamers can turn him into a pretty nasty combat presence, especially when he has fleet.

Archived