The Battle for Piscina IV

xnickbaranx

I wanted to inform Dark Angel players of an event at this year's Adepticon. I am running The Battle for Piscina IV and I'm trying to push the limits of the participants to delve into as much detail and accuracy as possible. This isn't meant to be a reason for any Space Marine or Ork player to show up with some models and play out some scenarios out of context, the idea is to recreate the events from the Storm of Vengeance campaign pack and the Purging of Kadillus novel by Gav Thorpe in as much detail as possible.

This is an event for the modeler/hobbyist. I'm looking for those willing to try and capture their character and their forces and bring them to life in model form through conversion work and painting. I want hobbyists running through these books with a highlighter in an effort to glean some minute detail. I know I'm going to be doing exactly that as I build the tables.

If the event sells out we will add slots. I didn't tap into all of the characters yet - only the 16 most significant ones. If you're coming to Adepticon in April and you're a Dark Angel hobbyist you should definitely check it out.

Thanks for reading.

-Nick

The Battle for Piscina IV

And you can get more updates about the event and check my hobby blog here:

2nd City Warzone

At this point I haven't done much with the scenarios themselves other than read through them and extract names & equipment. GW have an updated version of the campaign scenarios on their website but it doesn't give the historical info, so I've pulled that from the hard copy I have of the 2nd Edition Storm of Vengeance campaign pack.

A lot of what I will be doing scenario wise is adding additional battles in Kadillus Harbor to give Ghazghkull and his forces something to do while the other battles are being fought at Koth Ridge, Barrak Gorge, etc. According to the story line there was a constant back and for city fight throughout Kadillus Harbor that was effectively a stalemate. The Dark Angels and the Piscina Free Militia PDF were constantly embattled there while Naaman was out exploring the East Barrens and Boreas and Belial were cracking heads at the geothermal plants.

The idea being that every person will play 4 games, and the named characters will be embroiled exactly where they are supposed to be in the time line.

In the novelization Gav Thorpe pulls most of the names right out of the campaign book and the chapters are named after the scenarios. There are a couple of change ups but most of it is an exact replication of names and events just fleshed out with action.

Archived