New to Dark Angels.... maybe?

captain sox

Hi everyone!

I'm thinking about becoming a DA player after a short hiatus from 40K. I don't have many models right now (sold a huge part of my army a few months ago... sigh). Anyway, I don't play very much, and I'd more likely to be into modelling than playing, however, having the option to play a DA army would be great.

As it stands, I don't have enough points to field a legal army in any codex. I have build units from Codex: Space Marines and Codex: Blood Angels, to give me a variety to build and paint and to play if need be.

So I want to add Dark Angels models to my collection. but is it worthwhile to buy the Codex? will there be a new one out soon? What about the models themselves? Do you think they will all be changed?

I'll have more questions soon, but right now I have to get going. I am ready for some football!

Thanks for any info and insight!

No plans for a DA codex in 2012 so we're looking at a new Codex in 2013 or beyond.. probably after the BT, theirs is the oldest...

As for models, they won't make new ones so soon, and probably won't touch most part of them because the DA sprues are already quite good... maybe add up something but they will generally be the same..

So it's safe to buy a Codex... mind you that when 6th ed. comes out (july 2012) it will probably have an addendum to put it in conformity with 6th ed. rules..

A little while to wait, but it'll sneak up on us in no time at all. The models themselves are very good at the moment and i wouldn't imagine they'd change too much for the next codex. Might throw a few goodies our way but the upgrade sprues should stand up to the next codex, no worries.

Al

So it's safe to buy a Codex... mind you that when 6th ed. comes out (july 2012) it will probably have an addendum to put it in conformity with 6th ed. rules..

Actually there is an addendum right now in the current DA FAQ, it brings up the Storm Shields and something else in line with the Space Marine Codex.

I'd say get the Codex and go for it B). Get yourself up to speed on the combined 'wings' technique and sit pretty to await whatever comes our way by way of a 6th Ed integration updgrade.

Cheers

I

Archived