Deathwing Colours... anything but bone?

captain sox

Hi everyone.

I picked up the codex a few days ago, and I really have to admit that the Dark Angels are qucikly becoming my army of choice. I have models for Codex: Space Marines and for Codex: Blood Angels, and I'm not sure what to do about my terminators.

I'll be using my Terminators for all 3 armies moving forward and I'm having a problem deciding what to do with them. Do I strip them down and paint them bone, or do I keep their current colours?

How lame would it be to not have 'fluffy' terminators.

Just so you all know, they are currently Dark Angels green with slightly lighter green shoulder pads. I've always liked the Dark Angels Green paint, and 90% of my mini's are that colour already.

let me know your thoughts please!

Yeah, what Grotsmasha said: Disciples of Caliban.

One thing I'd like to point out is the scale of 40k battles. If you've ever played Epic 40k you realize that what happens in a game of 40k is only a small section of the total battle that is going on. So, It's totally acceptable to have more than 1 Unforgiven Chapter represented in the same game of 40k. Even alongside Blood Angels or 'nilla marines, there's bound to be more than 1 chapter fighting. You could always justify it 'fluff' wise that the Disciples are there based on information they got concerning a Fallen that the Blood Angels or 'nilla marines simply are not privy to.

Just look at Matt Ward, you can justify any army-wide configuration in the fluff: well almost any... :)

There is also a DIY Unforgiven Successor. A good example that uses your scheme is the Angels of the Lion. I believe sandlaphon (SP?) is the main person behind them.

But the Disciples would also be an awesone sight on the table top and would look good besides the BA and the Wolves.

Archived