Plague Marine [Artwork]

Chronophague

Next installment, this guy was fun to do, nurle stuff is quite fun to draw. Didn't go overboard with the keg, dunno if everyone likes that. :yes:

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h289/kronork/csmplaguemarine1-6.jpg

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h289/kronork/csmplaguemarine1-6color.jpg

Lemme know what ya think. I'm a hardcore self-improvement ride with this particular technique. :D

Cheers

Much like the others, I really dig the emaciated look. I could have gone without the head though -- I rarely see art or conversions with decapitated heads that looks "natural" (as much as that can be natural of course). Still, the color work is phenomenal.

it would look a whole lot better without the bare arm imho..

that and the bolter seems a little out of whack, its got a 90's gw "crushing the grip" thing going on.. the grip and the hand too should be at a more natural angle to the body of the gun.

and i agree with the call for more contrast with the sky..

http://www.sciencephoto.com/image/184205/5..._Fields-SPL.jpg

I'm really liking your work CP, you have created a fantastic 'depth' to the pic with both the composition and the BG lighting. I would say on that though, if I was to be a nit pic, it seems as though the eye is drawn to something behind the subject by that depth(it seems as though he is at the front of a force that is still coming), while the subject is pointing(his bolter) to something in front of him.

I'm not too sure how to fix that, or even if it needs fixing but maybe a nice yellow explosion and trajectory line (similar to the eye in colour) as a bolter is fired to the subjects' front/left of pic.

Awesome emaciated look too:)

stobz

Edit, nah, if you did my idea the secondary light source would corrupt the cool light from behind effect that you have achieved. Love it.

Fantastic work Chronophague,

Love the angle and the debris drifting past in the background. I think you nailed the color of marine/sky blend it ties the whole image together and paint a particular theme (to me i think rotting nurgle world) reminds me of the codex covers from 3rd ED i loved BT and Imperial Guard come to mind.

The other bit i dig is the shadowing across the chest from helmet nice detail. The only thing i really think it needs is more going on maybe infected plants in the foreground or something. Great work.

I absolutely love this piece. I dont know how to say how much I like it. I'm not really one for Nurgle, but your representation of a plague marine is inspired. I love how it almost looks zombie-like but the glowing eye in the helmet makes it seem like there's sentience there. I would almost like to commission a piece for Dragon Warrior Sorcerer Nihilan as I envision him, or maybe even my own Warband's Chaos Lord.

That's how a Plague Marine should look!

I raised the issue in the relevant forum some time ago, that in my view the Plague Marines must be reinvented by GW. And they need to go the Chronophague way.

Total agreement here, leave the daemons bloated and puss covered, make the PMs look like this guy = WIN

Hell, I might even get a few, nah, too many other things to pay for first....

s

Archived