At the Butcher's behest

@myxx: Thanks. Terminators are just the best. It's actually hard to go back to power-armored Marines once you've built some lumbering Terminator-giants.

@subtle discord: Thanks, and thanks for the tips. The pen dots were really just to see what it would look like if I painted eyeballs in those sockets, but I'm actually thinking of investing in some fine pens. I still think I can get more natural looking lines done with a brush, but I'll experiment a little.

And no, don't stay focused. Focus is the enemy of creativity! (Just look at Doghouse, lawl XD)

@Havokas: What can I say, I'm a builder first, painter second, gamer third. But if more people ask in such a nice and polite manner, I might be persuaded to get to painting faster B)

I don't really have any updates yet, but I did put together a little fluff summary of the Wretched Guild, if anyone wants to take a look, head on down to my blog:

Linky Linky

And a quick, question: Is anyone actually reading the little fluff pieces I wrote?

Cheers,

Peter

And a quick, question: Is anyone actually reading the little fluff pieces I wrote?

I am! Liking them so far. You've done as good a job giving an impression of the force's character and ethos as you have on the models. Nice and unique background, too.

Thanks MNONE! Guess I'll write up some more as the army progresses.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, Skyrim came out, and I have one character at 48 hours and a second one at 12 hours playtime.

No painting, but I did get to some building done. I wanted to add another centerpiece to the Butcher's Legion part of my army, so I dug out someone from my bitz-box I had almost forgotten and dressed him up in spiky clothes:

Weaponbrother Stroj the Relentless, Support Squadron Zero-One, Butcher's Legion, Wretched Guild

gallery_34644_2942_120808.jpg

gallery_34644_2942_101370.jpggallery_34644_2942_125650.jpg

Some fluff will follow to explain why he has even more Black Templar iconography than the other Butcher's Legion warriors.

I'm still torn about the Autocannon arm. I could either pose him like he was firing or sweeping the cannon over the battlefield choosing his next target. Thoughts?

So with Skyrim and mid-terms coming up, painting will be delayed a bit further. If that's a deal-breaker for some of you, I'm really sorry. All I can say is that it will happen at some point, but for now, next up will be the second squad, the one led by my Khârn-Counts-as.

So see you next time and thanks for looking and leaving comments,

Cheers,

Peter

There's some really nice looking models here!! I love how much kitbashing was involved!! :lol:

I'm inspired by some of the poses, especially the termies, I might have to do a squad of my own someday soon...The dread is awesome!

The only critique I have is I think the axe that Sekera has could be angled a little more horizontal to make for a more dramatic just-about-slice-you-in-two pose.

Please put a lick of paint on these guys, I'll be following this thread...

Yours in Honour, Faith and Blood,

Chaplain Hiltraud

@wicced: Thanks, I'll finish the piece asap, then. ^^ Also, The Khârn Counts-As is already on page one, Brother-Captain Zbran. I just started making him a squad of 9 Berzerkers/Chosen/Whatevs

@Marshal Sampson of Terra: I wanted to do sweeping the battle-field too, but now that he's completely assembled, the drawn back firing pose seems to work better with the blocky, hunched look of the Dreadnought.

As for how I did it, I have to start with inspiration. The cannon is a rip-off of Silber's great Dreadnought design. I merely used different parts, which I'll show below:

gallery_34644_2942_88843.jpg

Not very complicated, just took a while to find the right bits to make it fit.

@Chaplain Hiltraud: Thanks! Terminators are just awesome. I still have pieces for about ten more, and as many half-assembled or waiting for primer. They are just fun models to work with.

I hear you about the axe, but I messed about with that thing for a while to get it into a pose I like, so I'll leave it like that for now.

Archived