(ARTWORK) Something old, something new, something...Blue

Colrouphobic

Still working on a couple of things, today is paperwork-day at the studio, so I did this:

http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/313/c/c/cc11b0c84520392664b8d5c7591194c8-d4flccp.jpg

Noodling a little from scratch on this one. Altering colours and mood a little. I have really evolved a lot since I first started painting the Night Lord...

Left one is the new one. Yes there will be lightning...

Works now.

I remember this one.

Loving the desaturated colours. :sweat:

His right arm looks a bit funny due to the perspective. Stray-thought/idea, wouldn't it be cool if his axe was part of the actual arm, i.e. grown into the armour (not possessed), or even mounted on the stump?

Oh and is there any chance that you could do a version with the (old) red glow on the lenses?

I'm looking forward to an update.

Works now.

I remember this one.

Loving the desaturated colours. -_-

His right arm looks a bit funny due to the perspective. Stray-thought/idea, wouldn't it be cool if his axe was part of the actual arm, i.e. grown into the armour (not possessed), or even mounted on the stump?

Oh and is there any chance that you could do a version with the (old) red glow on the lenses?

I'm looking forward to an update.

The arm is being fixed, I know what it is that makes it look weird and its a small thing.

The glow on the lenses will return, though not so...red. I might do a version with the pure red also, but it has to fit with the rest well...

We will see.

:P

I like it! The helmet bat wings are very well done - they could easily look ridiculous but they are not! It also adheres to the definition of "power" armor :lol:

Cheers, yeah its a constant fiddle to make sure it doesnt look like ozzy wearing a hat made out of a bat.

Really like it mate.

I appreciate it!

cool very nice

I really like the bat wing on the axe

Thanks, not many notice the batwing on the original axe. Look out for the finished one, hopefully you will be pleasently surprised..

Tonight there will be another sketch- update on the website, be sure to check it out!

www.studiocolrouphobia.net

Hmm...I think I like the original, less "saturated" version more, and it's look great with them lightning bolts in contrast to the less striking colours. Nice work.

Just to clarify. The Less saturated version (the one to the left) is the NEW version. :)

This is actually a good example (the one on the left) of an instantly recognizeable NL without the Lightning effect. The bat wings on the helmet are well done and there is also the chest plate... But I still like the lightning effect in general :cuss .

Sometimes it's nice to get surprises.

Here is one such surprise. A WiP that's not up on the blog yet. I'm only posting this here and on DakkaDakka.

If it seems like its very bright, thats because I'm painting it for printingpurposes. It has to be a bit brighter to come out nicely in print...

http://studiocolrouphobia.files.wordpress.com/2011/12/khanpreview.jpg

Archived