(ARTWORK) Something old, something new, something...Blue

Colrouphobic

It fascinates me to see the progression from rough pencil sketches to the stunning end product. Pencil sketches have a natural charm to them that is exceeding difficult to transfer to ink or digital color, and I aspire to that skill that artists such as yourself possess in this matter.

It fascinates me to see the progression from rough pencil sketches to the stunning end product. Pencil sketches have a natural charm to them that is exceeding difficult to transfer to ink or digital color, and I aspire to that skill that artists such as yourself possess in this matter.

Thanks,

you should know that I mostly do not use rough pencils when I do my paintings, mostly I work 100% digital. But I'm picking it up again to practice. It does help to do various things visually, I will probably pick up acrylics or oil one of these days, and Photography...

• 2 weeks later...

Here is a new blogpost, and the last one for this year:

http://studiocolrouphobia.net/2011/12/27/f...ragon-new-year/

It has a few new things related to 40k, be sure to check it out, but to let you see something, here is Angron!

http://studiocolrouphobia.files.wordpress.com/2011/12/angron21.jpg

"It was easy to see why others believed Angron always looked on the edge of fury. In truth, he looked like a man struggling to concentrate through epileptic agony. Lorgar hated the bleak, crude bastard, but it was hard not to admire his unbreakable endurance."

Someone posted the above quote from Aurelian somewhere on the net, possibly in a note or a chat or something, I haven't had a chance to read the book because I don't own a copy, but I found this quote very fitting.

Wow. A more perfect representation of Angron I have not seen :)

Why thank you, I dont think everyone will agree but thank you!

Brutal stuff, mate, that's a man with some serious temper issues if I've ever seen one.

Well, you cant really blame him, it's not his fault, it's them cables ^_^

Awwww.. He just needs a hug.

ANGRY hugs.

:tu:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello, time for another blogpost on my webpage. This time the only PowerArmour-related is a wip of a fallen Sororitas (my Ahadi-project). Tomorrow will be sketch-update and then I'm also pondering to post an image on these forums also.

http://studiocolrouphobia.net/2012/02/26/d...nd-inspiration/

• 2 weeks later...

"Carry on – Sketches will follow

Hello there,

Time for another update with images.

This time it is a littlescarce because I am saving up two images for free tutorials. One of those will come within the week, the other will take a little longer.

In the meanwhile, here is a speedpaint/quick study for Imperial Fists armour in sunlight.

http://studiocolrouphobia.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/imperialfistsketch1.jpg

This was done as part of trying to figure out lighting of an Imperial Fist for a figure in a commission..."

(To continue reading, go here: http://studiocolrouphobia.net/2012/03/06/c...es-will-follow/ )

Nice picture, I'm convinced he's out in the sun. :)

He has got a really, really tiny head though. I'm getting flashbacks from the Mario Brothers movie. :tu:

Wow!,that Night Lords picture is excellent,there isn't anything i dont like about it.It reminds me of the cover of the Death Dealer novels.I think the artist was Frank Frezzeta (not sure if i spelt his name right).Keep up the good work.

As badass as the word itself.

Cheers!

Nice picture, I'm convinced he's out in the sun. :)

He has got a really, really tiny head though. I'm getting flashbacks from the Mario Brothers movie. :P

Yeah, like said in the blogpost, I was sketching this WAAAY more loose then I usually do. I kinda like the cartoonyness of it though. I dunno why, I normally like something more lifelike/realistic with a _touch_ of rule of cool, not flat out like this, but you know, perhaps it was the looseness that jgave me the joy that does it ;)

Wow!,that Night Lords picture is excellent,there isn't anything i dont like about it.It reminds me of the cover of the Death Dealer novels.I think the artist was Frank Frezzeta (not sure if i spelt his name right).Keep up the good work.

Yep, thats Frazzetta, and it is quite obvious that youd recognize it as such since I started the nightlord based upon a sketch I did to try to get frazettas sense of light and dark. I ended up trying to paint something like Frazzetta and deathdealer came to mind, but since I wanted to paint something else I decided on painting Night Lords instead. The influences are there, no doubt about it. But as far as details directly from Death Dealer? I think thats more limited to "glowing eyes and an axe"...

Thanks for liking though!

Archived