My DA Successor Chapter - The Blades of Caliban

Guest Jetpac

Hi fellow Unforgiven, I am posting some information on my DA Successor Chapter. C&C welcome. Good or BAD ;)

It is a work in progress :lol:

Name: The Blades of Caliban

Founding Chapter: Dark Angels

Founding: 4th

Chapter Master: Klein Niko

Homeworld: Altena

Fortress-Monastery: The Angels Rage – Water-going Leviathan

Main Colours: Red – Black Robes

Speciality: Terminator Veterans - 2nd Company Fast Attack – Fallen Hunters

Battle Cry: Chaplain 'In the name of the Lion!' Reply 'We are his blade'

Estimated Strength: 900+, 6th Company rebuilding from extreme losses.

Sometime during the 32nd Millennium, the High Lords of Terra requested the then current Dark Angels Supreme Grand Master to aid in the creation of a new Chapter, the then current Unforgiven at the behest of the Supreme Grand Master each released five veterans and one officer to help with the training and establish the new Chapter. the Chapter was to have a purpose, of which has long been forgotten as they consider themselves part of the Unforgiven and will pursue the Fallen to the ends of the galaxy.

The First Grand Master was Cassiel, a veteran Master from the Angels of Absolution 3rd Company, considered by his peers as a commander who saw the whole picture. One of the most gifted Commanders in the Unforgiven.

These Hero's live on forever in the Book of Caliban so named in honour of what was lost.

Cassiel, Altanai, Sasahael and Fael.

Homeworld

Altena is located close to eastern most point in Segmentum Tempestus, in the Uhulis Sector, the naval base of Bakka would be considered the nearest Imperium planet.

Altena is over 80% covered in a aquamarine coloured ocean, There are three main land masses.

Lüneburg

Fertile grasslands cover most of the continent of Lüneburg, the people of the country are well known for their artistic endeavours, their works of art have been distributed all over the Imperium of Mankind.

Bohemia

The continent of Bohemia is situatated in the middle of Lüneburg and Holstein, Bohemia did take the full force of a volcanic natural disaster rendering 90% of the land uninhabitable. One of the benefits to come out of it has been the mining of Obsidian. Some survivors of the disaster fled to Lüneburg and Holstein while others began mining. The Blades of Caliban also use this continent to train the Chapter scouts.

Holstein

The mountainous Holstein is the home of the current King of Altena, the Industrial Holstein boasts large Spire like buildings, heavy industry and hard working people, the Kings Palace is situated in the capital Kiel. It is also noted to be the location first contact was established between Grand Cross Cassiel and the King of Altena. Most of the Chapter\'s recruits come from cadet academies used to train the Royal Guard.

However a few brave individuals have swam out to the Angels Rage earning a place in the Chapter and its rich history.

The Blades of Caliban do not use any of the continents as a base instead they sail the great ocean known as Ostseemeer, in what can only be described as a water-going Leviathan/submersible, The Angels Rage.

Combat Doctrine

Like the Dark Angels their descendants the Blades of Caliban share a stubborn streak on the battlefield, but this is tempered even they know when its time for them to leave. They prefer to use assault vehicles like Land Raiders.

The Chapter will use overwhelming firepower in the form of Whirlwinds and Thunderhawk Gunship bombing runs once the enemies are reeling from that the 2nd Company will scout ahead for ripe targets to allow the 1st Company Terminators to finish the job.

In battles where the assets of the 1st and 2nd are not available Battle Companies will rely on the Predator Spearheads backed by Vindicators. Always at the forefront are Der Stolz the companies veterans.

Organisation

The Blades of Caliban use the same as a Codex Chapter with the exception of the 1st and 2nd Companies like the Dark Angels, all Companies are known as die Bruderschaft\'. So the current 1st Company would be known as Die Bruderschaft of Heldane 

The Chapters Inner Circle also functions in the way to the Dark Angels.

The Company Veterans of 3rd to 5th are known as Pride are also given the honour of wearing the Dark Angels orginal Legion colours, (This was requested after the first meeting of the Supreme Grand Master and Grand Cross Cassiel.)

The remainder of the chapter is organised exactly like a Codex Chapter, with the 3rd, 4th and 5th companies being Battle Companies, the 6th, 7th, 8th and 9th being Reserve Companies. The 10th is the Scout Company.

Current Organisation

Inner Circle

Chapter Master

Grand Cross Klein Kaupland

Chief Librarian

Grand Seeker Gestein Fuchs

Grand Master of Chaplains

Grand Interrogator Geliebter Holzford

Chief Apothecary

Grand Surgeon Gottfried Hartmut

Master of the Forge

Grand Creator Conrad Vester

Master of the 1st

Knight Commander Richter Heldane

Master of the 2nd

Knight Commander Jörg Klaas

Master of the 3rd

Knight Commander Sebastian Peth

Fleet Dispositon

3 Battle Barges - Cassiel\'s Honour, Hammer of Altena, Lion\'s Roar.

5 Strike Cruisers

10 Rapid Strike Vessels

24 Thunderhawk Gunships

http://tinyurl.com/d8ecn9h

Link to my Colour Scheme.

it looks interesting. i like the whole underwater fortress monastery theme, however the genereal theme reminds me alot of the Black Templars, escpecialy the names of the battle brothers themselves. Also if these guys were made to hunt the fallen, shdnt there be more emphasis on the chaplaincy? :sweat:

other then that i like the color scheme and details!

it looks interesting. i like the whole underwater fortress monastery theme, however the genereal theme reminds me alot of the Black Templars, escpecialy the names of the battle brothers themselves. Also if these guys were made to hunt the fallen, shdnt there be more emphasis on the chaplaincy? :sweat:

other then that i like the color scheme and details!

I was trying for a German theme :lol:, but I am open to change that part. I did not want to use names like the Ultramarines/Dark Angels. there is nothing wrong with them I just like German names :lol:.

Regarding the Fallen I am not sure whether to have them just hand over the Fallen to the DA or to have fun with themselves. They did not get founded to hunt the Fallen they have taken it upon themselves. The Original purpose for their founding is unknown. (Maybe thats being lazy... Maybe I should find a reason).

Archived