[Commission] Mephiston Resculpt

winterdyne

Very nice original vision of the model.

I particularly like:

- the Force Sword, the purple looks really good and compliments the scheme nicely.

- the Plasma Coils, wonderful glow effect but not overdone.

- the face is original and adds a unique character which I like, although the eyes seem to lack a little definition.

- the Freehand BA symbol on the cape, really clean.

- the mushrooms on the base are very cool.

I would critique:

- the pose of the legs looks a little off, particularly the right leg which is in a rather unnatural looking position, on that kind of slope I feel it really should be straight with the foot planted further down the slope for balance, but that's my opinion.

- Knowing how difficult sculpting a good cape/robes can be, it is nitpicking but they do look a little rough in places, maybe adjusting the putty mix would help (a little more milliput perhaps).

- (Probably due to the above) the spiked border on his robes looks a little rough in places and some of the points look somewhat blunted as a result.

Laterz...

I'm a big fan of yours - your Sanquinary Guard Phalanx and Blood Angels Space Hulk termies blew me away - I have to say though I think this is a little below your usual incredible level. I like the pose, but the painting seems to be a bit 'chalky', especially around the face and the rib things. I think this is probably because the GS was a little bit rough in places, and the hood seems a little lumpy. The detailing on the bottom of the cloak seems a little off too, and I've definitely seen you do better power weapons. Really like the base though, and the depth of red you achieved. This is way above my level, but I thought you might appreciate some constructive feedback.

Archived