At the start of your turn

Gunslinger87

Necrons got me thinking again. What if you have two abilities that youre supposed to do at the start of your turn? Do you have to roll the dice at the same time? For example, one new necron HQ can give acute senses to a unit (and a bunch of other abilities to a unit) however on a roll of X, Imotekh makes it night fighting. Obviously you would want to roll whether it will be dark first and if not, choose a different ability to give.

So what do you think? Can you make the choice or should you technically be doing this at once?

I personally think you will be able to choose... however most such decisions are random. i.e. rolling for reserves, where you can't possibly decide not to bring in a unit now that that other one has come in etc.

It never really says an order for the "Start of Turn" stuff, nor do the rules say that everything must be declared before making any action (much like you have to do in the assault phase) so you should be able to do all your "Start of Turn" stuff (including activating powers, generating faith or rolling for reserves) in any order you wish. I know people like to give the "permissive rule" argument but there is no rule on whether you have to do them one at a time or you have to fully declare all actions before resolving any so you really do not have permission to do either.

So every rule that happens at the start of the turn must be resolved fully on its own and independent of other rules before proceeding to the next, but out of necessity, you must pick which one you want to active in any order.

Archived