Lysander is done!

Redfinger

So here is my take on Captain Lysander, he will be leading my IF's off to battle. I struggled with the color choices for a while and then someone mentioned the purple for the cloak and I jumped on it, at this point I am glad I did. Overall I am fairly happy with the result, I tried some new things out and I rather like the way the look. There are 2 spots that I think could have come out better, but I would rather just put the done stamp on this guy and move one. Namely the laurels on the shield look a little blah, and the thunder hammer too, I was trying to make the thunder hammer look like marble, did not quite work out, but I am done, that is what I wanted. Anyway enjoy the pics!

IMG_6011.JPG

IMG_6007.JPG

IMG_6008.JPG

IMG_6010.JPG

very well done! The mini is absolutely flawless.

I kinda get the feeling that the base isn't quite up to his standart, though. It looks almost unpainted if you compare the two. Just adding something with a little colour would add a lot in my oppinion (the broken helmet of an iron warrior with necro; a tyranid bodypart; etc.)

@Olis- Yeah purity seals are hit and miss for me. sometimes I letter sometimes I dont, lettering of any kind is something I just dont do very well, I really need to work on it more.

@Blender- Thanks, I dont know if you can tell or not, but I changed the position of his arms a bit, felt the stock model is a little "compact" and his arms a bit too close together, I used some putty and spread his arms a bit to add some motion to the model.

@Dorn-I used to be really bad at faces, I think this is one of the best I have done, I can now consistently produce quality paint jobs on faces, thanks for noticing that.

@Validar- The base is temporary, I have a nice set of "steps" that I am working on that he will be placed on, the 3d drawing needs to be finalized then I will mill it and I will use that one.

@Grim-Agreed, I was noticing that as well, I am just not sure what why I want to push the highlight, taking yellow may work, but taking it to the fleshy side might cool it down a bit what do you think?

@Angry- hopefully soon!! I have about 70 marine built for the 5th company, and I have all the rhinos built as well, I have everything to finish the 5th compay, I just am running a little short on time these days.

@Dakath-yes the cloak is my favorite as well.

Ashton

• 2 weeks later...

Archived