Captain of the Raven Legion

Vandael

Hello fellow Bolter & Chainswordites,

After a long brake from the hobby and with the (hopefully) coming of the next Chaosdex somewhere next year, I'm starting up the juices again..

About a year ago me and my mate played a game of my Iron Warriors versus his (DIY based on BT) Raven Legion. During this battle half way his captain stood toe to toe with my warptimed DP and none gave ground or won. There and then I promised him that I would convert a captain for him as a reminder of that epic battle.

That was a long time ago but finally he's going to get him. Although he promised that he would pay for any bits & kits I would use for this project I could find none that would fit the bill. So I decided to rumble through my own bitsbox and make my own loyalist captain. Though my mate is out on sea and has missed his birthday here is his present from me this year:

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a377/Vandael/CaptainRavenLegion.jpg

Truescaled out of a free terminator from White Dwarf standing on a mighty daemon's head. My first loyalist conversion ever, hope he likes it.

Cheers,

Vandael

Thanks for the replies everyone,

@ Stu Phoenix

the axe is mashup from different bits. Hand = csm cc-sprue powersword, lowend of the axe is the crosius from Cassius?, 1st part of the axe = guard autocannon, the axehead is made from a csm poweraxe with an extra axeblade attached to it (opposit), with 2 guardaquilla's covering eiter side.

The backpack is made up from a servitor backpack with sm exaustpipes & aquilla added. The Iron halo is made from a csm bitsprue.

@ Zincite

It is painted this way but the auto level & contrast in Photoshop has done something weird with the axe in picture 2. As for the face.. I wish I have more skills here. My mate likes his capes shiny :).

@ Grimdarkness

I think so, he hasn't filled in all the fluff yet. He uses the Black Templar rules though.

@ Zincite

It is painted this way but the auto level & contrast in Photoshop has done something weird with the axe in picture 2. As for the face.. I wish I have more skills here. My mate likes his capes shiny :).

In that case then, really nice job. :tu:

Archived