Starting my Relictors

demented

Brilliant stuff.!! I might have some prejudice towards the boys in grey... but heh I like the take on the libby in grey. I stuck with blue to just break up the excessive grey finger syndrome. I look forward to seeing more of this thread. Cheers me up see these guys.

I am still undecided on the lenses but I will give a few colours a try and see which fits best. I will probably have to make the colours different depending on the colour of the helmet.

Not had much time this week to paint but my sternguard squad are nearing completion. I have also started building my first Tactical Squad yay!

I've never done much gaming and this will be my first full army to practice and hone my lack of gaming skills :tu:

gallery_23360_6673_49197.jpg

I'd like to make my army composition nice and fluffy so I doubt there will be much in the way of heavy armour. I think a general 'maximum of one of each' for anything of an armour value might suffice.

Do any of you restrict your army to represent there current form or have any suggestions how to?

I'd go with blue or green lenses, that way you shouldn't have to change colour when you come to different helmets, as you might with the sergeants' red helms if using red lenses.

Looking good! Is that a CSM chainsword on the guy to the left?

That's actually a good idea for Relictors - like in the DoW2 Chaos Rising, where there are items which are slightly tainted by Chaos but not out-and-out daemonic which give slight advantages to the wielder. They might plausibly be give to lower members of the Conclave, but wouldn't affect the rules just the fluff.

What fluff are you going by to restrict your heavies?

I assume he's refering to the probable lack of heavy support and machines they're suffering from, after having been assaulted by the Grey Knights and losing the star fortress.

I'd go with blue or green lenses, that way you shouldn't have to change colour when you come to different helmets, as you might with the sergeants' red helms if using red lenses.

Looking good! Is that a CSM chainsword on the guy to the left?

That's actually a good idea for Relictors - like in the DoW2 Chaos Rising, where there are items which are slightly tainted by Chaos but not out-and-out daemonic which give slight advantages to the wielder. They might plausibly be give to lower members of the Conclave, but wouldn't affect the rules just the fluff.

What fluff are you going by to restrict your heavies?

I assume he's refering to the probable lack of heavy support and machines they're suffering from, after having been assaulted by the Grey Knights and losing the star fortress.

Well the latest fluff post that event says that the Relictors are scattered, on their own, and provide mecernary services for aid, comfort, and knowledge. ("Atlas Infernal")That would restrict a lot on what you would field if you go by fluff. I'd recommend just fielding what you want.

Archived