In my abscence....

Pig Of Sparta

Hi. Thought I'd drop in and show I'm still around. I also thought I'd share some of what I've been up to since my last visit. As usual I have put some projects down, been distracted by others and in generally completed things randomly :teehee:. Anyway, here's some of what I've been doing:

Land Raider Infernus:

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6222/6347432129_77ca17c17c_z.jpg

Land Raider 'Infernus' 2 by pig of sparta, on Flickr

Begun late last year I finally got around to completing this around a month ago. This marked my first real trip into 'weathering' vehicles and lead me to continue, trying to up my game with these techniques. The model itself represents a discarded Land Raider prototype from the closing stages of the Great Crusade; the 'Infernus'. Designed as a line-breaker/anti-infantry vehicle the centre mounted Inferno Cannon which makes use of massive internal reserves of promethium was intended to make short work of the Emperor's enemies. The internal fuel tanks were designed to be quickly topped up through the side hatches and could even be coupled to larger fuel bowsers if the tank was deployed in a defensive attitude, thereby increasing the length of time that it could remain in operation before resupply. The onset of the heresy derailed mass production of the Infernus and it is believed that no other examples exist. 'Daelus' was deployed during the Siege of the Emperor's palace on Terra and upon the Emperor's victory over the Arch-Heretic was recovered and placed in a stasis shrine within His Palace.

mk IIa Phobos pattern Rhino:

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6213/6321765713_cdb7321d30_z.jpg

Rhino 1 by pig of sparta, on Flickr

Constructed as a 'tribute' to the new Forge World mk Ic Deimos pattern Rhino, I tried to build on the lessons I learned in weathering the Land Raider Infernus. I was aiming for a much more aged look with this model. Again, this is a discarded prototype from the Great Crusade/Heresy era that was superceded by the contemporary mk IIc Rhino.

Adeptus Mechanicus Hunter-Killer:

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6032/6287063034_b4b3eef468_z.jpg

Adeptus Mechanicus Hunter-Killer 3 by pig of sparta, on Flickr

Inspired by a conversion I saw on this very forum, although sadly I can't remember who made the original so I can't properly credit them. I envisaged this as either the companion of an Inquisitor who has close ties to the Mechanicum or (and this is more preferable) a weaponised servitor employed by Martian Tech-Priests to defend their works or themselves. For those who might be interested the conversion was very easy to do. The hands are chainblade attachements from the Forge World bolter sets (incidentally the bolters are on the Rhino above) glued onto a Vampire Counts Cairn Wraith.

Grey Knight Terminator:

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6043/6348177072_d914e038f0_z.jpg

GKT 1 by pig of sparta, on Flickr

Begun a few months ago I pulled this mini out of storage last week and decided to finish it. He was last seen carrying a banner, which I've misplaced so I constructed a master-crafted Nemesis Force Halberd for him from a spare Warding Stave I had lying around. I'm fairly happy with how he's come out but I think I need to work on my technique for power/force weapon blades a little more.

more images of each are here including a full 360 of the Rhino along with a few projects that aren't board supported. Any comments are welcome and I promise I'll stop by again soon.

Thanks

James

Nice to see you back among us Brother. I really like the finished Infernus, the weathering came out very well. The rest of your models look good as always but they seem to have a bit of a yellowish tint to them. Perhaps some better lighting would do them justice. Get out the light box and re-take the pics or go outside in the sun please.

Yeah the AdMech reminds me of something that comes straight out of a John Blanche piece of artwork, which is superb :D Great work overall, though I'm not too keen on the weathering that you applied to the Infernus.

Looking forward to seeing more!

Ludovic

Archived