Desert Terrain -first attempt-

Brother Arthur

Greetings Brothers,

I've long lurked in the shadows and decided to bring to light some of my recent work in terrain models. Its nothing fancy. Thank you for looking

2011-11-15_14-49-45_592.jpg

starting the build, My son helped me out with the design, deciding to make a duel trench line across from each other. We used Plaster Cloth, packing foam and paper for the trench lines.

2011-11-15_15-20-45_926.jpg

Forming the trenches.

2011-11-15_16-08-34_443.jpg

Trenches made.

2011-11-15_16-42-23_736.jpg

2011-11-15_16-42-32_226.jpg

Decided that we needed a few craters. So cut bits of packing foam up and layered some plaster cloth over it. I think they turned out pretty well.

2011-11-16_09-28-33_660.jpg

Sanded, painted and flocked.

2011-11-16_10-06-36_882.jpg

Over head view of the completed terrain. Added brush, downed tree's

2011-11-16_10-07-05_970.jpg

2011-11-16_10-07-23_827.jpg

2011-11-16_10-07-36_276.jpg

Little added details.

Roughly two days of work, again nothing fancy but I think it turned out rather well. Thanks for looking.

That looks pretty nice. You should try a whole table like that.

Thanks! total I paid about thirty dollars for all the materials I didn't have laying around the house. Most expensive thing I purchased was the can of dark brown spray paint, and the spray adhesive.

And I'd love to do a full table, but the wife doesn't so much agree.. she threatened an inquisition.

Looks good you shoudl definatley take glendor's advice and look at making a whole table.

If you do it in 2'x2' sections she will never know until its too late, even better do what i do and ask her to help with some small bits and then blame her for giving you mixed signals and confusing you over what she expected.

"Well why were you helping me build the table if you didn't want me to have one, I'm a simple man how am i supposed to understand!"

Always works for me with painting.

Looks good you shoudl definatley take glendor's advice and look at making a whole table.

If you do it in 2'x2' sections she will never know until its too late, even better do what i do and ask her to help with some small bits and then blame her for giving you mixed signals and confusing you over what she expected.

"Well why were you helping me build the table if you didn't want me to have one, I'm a simple man how am i supposed to understand!"

Always works for me with painting.

HAHAH I'll have to try that. I'm considering making this piece into the center making an H shaped table with the trenches extending on each side this piece in the middle. The Kids are loving it right now having miniature squad battles between chaos and Dark Angels.

Archived