Old Lemartes

Dosjetka

Hello all!

I was just wondering if anyone had any bits of fluff describing him before his 5th Edition appearence? Was he also afflicted by the Black Rage but kept it under some sort of control? Or was he just High Chaplain of the Blood Angels?

Cheers,

Ludovic

Hello all!

I was just wondering if anyone had any bits of fluff describing him before his 5th Edition appearence? Was he also afflicted by the Black Rage but kept it under some sort of control? Or was he just High Chaplain of the Blood Angels?

Cheers,

Ludovic

The 3rd Edition codex mentions and also provides a profile for him. He wasn't afflicted by the Black Rage, though, and I can't remember that he was High Chaplain at all, his title was Lemartes, Guardian of the Lost. So basically all Ward did(fluff-wise), was to make him go mad.

What was mentioned is his immense power of will. In the days of that codex, every unit was forced to roll a D6 - and had to move D6" forward if you rolled a 1. Lemartes allowed units to re-roll this die if that unit was in 6" of him, I think.

He also didn't come with a JP, he had to buy one for 20 pts if I recall that correctly.

There was a short text in the back of the codex. Lemartes told the new aspirants of Sanguinius and his sacrifice for humanity. I think that text is pretty darn good and shows the beliefs of the Blood Angels.

Snorri

dont htink he had a formal rank (like high chaplain or something) but he was a chaplain that was able to control the black rage and allowed those around him to do the same.

today he is effected by it but still (somewhat) keeps his will so it wasent a complete retcon... ;)

Can't find my 3rd ed Blood Angels codex so can't comment too much on the rules, there is a snip-nip about him in Index Astartes 2 which confirms that the 3rd ed version(first appearance was 3rd ed) was affected by the black rage but his will was strong enough to keep him sane, somewhat.

I think we assumed he was the main chaplain of the BA. He definitely wasn't under the Black Rage, as he could restrain and control the DC. I assumed he was the Chaplain on the front of Angels of Death, the BA Chaplain figure. Then the infamous 'Disco Lemartes' figure came along. There was no sign of an Astorath-like 'High Chaplain' of all the BA successors, a piece of fluff I think is utter nonsense. I will never be using Astorath in my army, as a matter of principle, and Lemartes will always be my senior Chaplain. I really like his new rules and new figure. i only object to demoting him.

he indeed was never noted as beeing the "high chaplain" or whatever term you would want to use. just a very special individual and a shining beacon for the chapter because if one could control it, surely others could as well? :(

dont know what to think of his current fluff :lol: hes still pretty much what he was but is now noted as only beeing pulled out of statis when he has heads to crush, and he while he still h olds parts of his personality he is very much in the thrall of the black rage...

I think we assumed he was the main chaplain of the BA.

Quoted for Truth. I've never seen anything official about him being the High Chaplain - and Imperial Armour volume 2 listed him as being the 3rd company Chaplain, which fits with his being close friends with Tycho as per the Death Company army chapter approved.

He definitely wasn't under the Black Rage

Actually he was under the Black Rage, he just had the Iron Will to channel it instead of letting it overcome him.

he basicly told the rage to shove it because he had better things to do then listen to the ravings of his own inmagination :)

Actually he was under the Black Rage, he just had the Iron Will to channel it instead of letting it overcome him.

he basicly told the rage to shove it because he had better things to do then listen to the ravings of his own inmagination :blush:

He Then locked Ward in a closet, wrote his own fluff for good measure, and stole the weird, long haired, "look my wings match my hair colour" High chaplains Pimp Cane.

Because he is the godammed Lemartes

Cheers for all the replies! They're all appreciated! :D

I think we assumed he was the main chaplain of the BA.

Quoted for Truth. I've never seen anything official about him being the High Chaplain - and Imperial Armour volume 2 listed him as being the 3rd company Chaplain, which fits with his being close friends with Tycho as per the Death Company army chapter approved.

Quote from PDF-Codex, page 8:

Chaplain Lemartes is the most senior Chaplain in the Blood Angels Chapter and is held in such reverence that he is granted the honour of wearing a Death Mask.

He is noted as the most senior Chaplain, so wouldn't that make him High Chaplain? Is it just the appelation of "High Chaplain" that doesn't please some people?

There was no sign of an Astorath-like 'High Chaplain' of all the BA successors, a piece of fluff I think is utter nonsense. I will never be using Astorath in my army, as a matter of principle, and Lemartes will always be my senior Chaplain. I really like his new rules and new figure. i only object to demoting him.

I completely agree. I'll never use Astorath either. I much prefer Lemartes, both model-wise and fluff-wise!

Sorry, it's a pretty crap pic

[PICTURE]

© Games Workshop 1998

No need to apologise, I really appreciate you showing me this :) Cheers!

Again, thanks for all the answers!

Ludovic

"Most senior" could simply mean eldest, mind you. :)

Very true ;) But then in the case of Cassius, he's the "High" Chaplain and supposedly one of the eldest in the Chapter (excluding Dreadnoughts). Mabye a lonk, maybe not.

Ludovic

he basicly told the rage to shove it because he had better things to do then listen to the ravings of his own inmagination :P

He Then locked Ward in a closet, wrote his own fluff for good measure, and stole the weird, long haired, "look my wings match my hair colour" High chaplains Pimp Cane.

Because he is the godammed Lemartes

he then round house kicked chuck norris back to the old folks home (seriously its the 40th millenium, enough is enough old geezer!) gave abbadon a wedgie and beat tzeentch at a game of chess :P

i love that they call it a high chaplain. i dident have such a good mental image of chaplains but the image of them beeing high whilst doing their job actually makes totally sense :lol: cant be afraid of anything when your so smoked you see pink feather elephants fly :) and your crozius is telling "yo Lemy, lets go ape:cuss on this here heretic!" ^_^

well that and seeing said chaplain leading you must be so hilarious you dont care if you die or not, it would just be to damned FUNNEH! :rolleyes:

sorry il go take my medication now :(

he then round house kicked chuck norris back to the old folks home (seriously its the 40th millenium, enough is enough old geezer!) gave abbadon a wedgie and beat tzeentch at a game of chess :P

i love that they call it a high chaplain. i dident have such a good mental image of chaplains but the image of them beeing high whilst doing their job actually makes totally sense :lol: cant be afraid of anything when your so smoked you see pink feather elephants fly :) and your crozius is telling "yo Lemy, lets go ape:cuss on this here heretic!" ^_^

well that and seeing said chaplain leading you must be so hilarious you dont care if you die or not, it would just be to damned FUNNEH! :cuss

sorry il go take my medication now :(

*Groan*

All these replies and no photo of Disco Boy Lemartes? Shame..

http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m1240720_99060101165_BALemartesmain_873x627.jpg

I'd love to see that in Finecast.......

Seriously though, makes me want to paint the one I've got. Was given it free by a mate at GW when the 3rd Ed Codex came out and never got round to painting it. Much preferred my old 2nd Ed Death Company Chaplain.

Archived