Konrad Leichiesten

Da Doom Guy

Alright, so I began a project awhile ago(Iron Marauder's Legion/Chapter) with my own Primarch: Konrad Leichiesten, I'll begin writing my own lore on the Iron Marauder's sometime soon, but I figured I'd show what Konrad looks like.

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o117/Imp_09/Konrad1.jpg

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o117/Imp_09/Konrad2.jpg

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o117/Imp_09/Konrad3.jpg

I guess painting Lorenzo Black isn't a bad idea after all - maybe I'll paint some of my SH terminators as Death Company, too.

Still, your painting skills need some improvement. Would you mind me giving you some advice?

Also, what exactly is "Leichisten" supposed to mean? Do you want it to be German? If this is the case, I might be able to help you with the orthographical peculiarities ^^

I guess painting Lorenzo Black isn't a bad idea after all - maybe I'll paint some of my SH terminators as Death Company, too.

Still, your painting skills need some improvement. Would you mind me giving you some advice?

Also, what exactly is "Leichisten" supposed to mean? Do you want it to be German? If this is the case, I might be able to help you with the orthographical peculiarities ^^

Though, if you have any names that actually mean something, and look cool next to Konrad, by all means, help out.

not supposed to mean anything, I just did my best with spelling from that German Light Tank in World of Tanks(not sure if it's real or not though) some people called it the "LolTraktor"

I do know my Legion's home world name is "Angriff" or "Attack" if I got it correct.

I'm also making an Imperial Guard regiment:"the First Fusilier's of Abwehr" and if I'm correct, Abwehr means Defense.

I'm working out my own Codex's( Codex:Abwehr Fusilier's and Codex:Iron Marauder's ) my own lore and everything, my Regiment is heavily inspired off WWII Germans(with vehicles) and it uses Bauhaus Trooper's as it's Guardsmen(DkoK and Steel Legion are WAAAAAY to expensive to form a proper regiment)

My painting has improved ALOT since 3 years ago, trust me, but sure, go ahead, I'll see what's useful and what not.

if you wanted me to, I could show you some of my early work when I was just getting into the hobby? lol, you'd hate it, I know I do.

But yeah, let it come, I won't shun it, would be wrong of me to shun it.

Oh - trying to create a world of your own using a foreign language, that's cool :-)

Actually, it might even have a meaning in German: "corpsists", followers of a person called "corpse" - or even the dead body. ^^

"Angriff" is correct, well done.

Believe, I do know that - even from personal experience. I wouldn't dare to post my own early works. Truly embarassing...

I'd suggest to thin down your paint, as one of the most important points.

Take some more time to paint your miniatures - this one seems a little bit rushed. Apologies if I might sound rude here :-(

And, since painting black is VERY difficult, I'd recommend to either read some tutorial or at least to try something like that:

prime the miniature with Chaos Black Spray

Mix Chaos Black with Codex Grey (60/40) and apply it everywhere but in the recesses. Then add another little bit of Codex Grey to the mix and paint it along the edges of the armour (about 1mm or 1/25'' strong). As the final highlight, use pure Codex Grey for some edgebrushing. This will improve your miniature a lot. :-)

Oh - trying to create a world of your own using a foreign language, that's cool :-)

Actually, it might even have a meaning in German: "corpsists", followers of a person called "corpse" - or even the dead body. ^^

"Angriff" is correct, well done.

Believe, I do know that - even from personal experience. I wouldn't dare to post my own early works. Truly embarassing...

I'd suggest to thin down your paint, as one of the most important points.

Take some more time to paint your miniatures - this one seems a little bit rushed. Apologies if I might sound rude here :-(

And, since painting black is VERY difficult, I'd recommend to either read some tutorial or at least to try something like that:

prime the miniature with Chaos Black Spray

Mix Chaos Black with Codex Grey (60/40) and apply it everywhere but in the recesses. Then add another little bit of Codex Grey to the mix and paint it along the edges of the armour (about 1mm or 1/25'' strong). As the final highlight, use pure Codex Grey for some edgebrushing. This will improve your miniature a lot. :-)

Did I get Abwehr done correctly as "Defense"? or wrong? and I didn't paint the black, I spraypainted it(I use spraypaint whenever possible)

and my Iron Marauder's are mean't to be Chaos Black with Skull White as Trim, lol really, they are.

and I guess I could always say he was named after Death eh? as like:"No equal except Death" I actually have Stats written up for my Primarch(and before you say anything, no, their not all 10's in stat lines) lol.

Here's a picture of some Angriff Stormtrooper's pictured with an Angriff-Pattern Chimera with mounted Twin-linked Heavy Bolter.

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o117/Imp_09/AngriffFusiliers.jpg

"Abwehr" means "Defense", right ;-)

Yeah, of course you could - but "Leiche" is "corpse" in English, which makes him sort of a dead guy - but that's okay, Death Company are pretty much the same. :-D

You play a Primarch? Do your opponents allow you to field him?

I'd love to see his points cost/profile :-)

What about a motto, like "Vergebung im Tode", which translates into something like "forgiveness in death". Or something like "Gleichheit im Tode", "equal in/after death".

Something I've always wondered about - to my mind, English sounds much cooler than German and not half as boring. Do you, as a native English speaker, feel the same way? Or is it rather vice versa?

"Abwehr" means "Defense", right ;-)

Yeah, of course you could - but "Leiche" is "corpse" in English, which makes him sort of a dead guy - but that's okay, Death Company are pretty much the same. :-D

You play a Primarch? Do your opponents allow you to field him?

I'd love to see his points cost/profile :-)

What about a motto, like "Vergebung im Tode", which translates into something like "forgiveness in death". Or something like "Gleichheit im Tode", "equal in/after death".

Something I've always wondered about - to my mind, English sounds much cooler than German and not half as boring. Do you, as a native English speaker, feel the same way? Or is it rather vice versa?

Me, as a Native English Speaker feels that German sounds cooler, along with Russian, though, I find it easier pronouncing German words, than Spanish or even Russian(I mean, I may misspell a word or two in German, but it's alot easier to read than Russian)

Of course, American English is a mash up of other languages after all though, and I try to be one of the lest self-centered/more open-minded to other people than those around me.

My Primarch is relatively new, so no one's even heard of him yet, though as long as I made him points worthy, I'm saure they wouldn't mind(2.5K apoc game he takes up like 800 or so points, thus giving me fewer troops)

and the "No equal except Death" was more or less he grew up in a Death worshipping society, and his warrior prowess has given him the title:"No Equal but Death" as in no one is his equal except Death, well, with an exception of other Primarch's and The Emperor and other godly beings.

My Primarch is still alive and kicking in current lore, but, like all the other ones, he's gone missing, I'm actually forming somehow he and Russ became best of friends, so he, kinda went into the Warp searching for him.

and I think "Vergebung im Tode" will be my Regiment's motto.

and "Gleichheit im Tode" will be my Marines (both Pre- and Post-Heresy)

Archived