Sternguard and ICs

PyronusSouria

I'm sure this has been asked somewhere before, but I can't find it so I'm asking. If an Independent Character with a boltgun joins a unit of Sternguard Veterans, does he gain the Special Ammunition? Normally I would think no, but there are a couple ways I can see of interpreting the Special Issue Ammunition rule to make it or even force it to apply.

A related one, if a captain with the poisoned ammo (the name eludes me at this moment in time), joins a sternguard squad, does that mean they can only fire the poisoned ammo too? As it says the whole unit must fire the same ammo type.

I was clever and didn't bring my codex to uni with me >.>

A related one, if a captain with the poisoned ammo (the name eludes me at this moment in time), joins a sternguard squad, does that mean they can only fire the poisoned ammo too? As it says the whole unit must fire the same ammo type.

I was clever and didn't bring my codex to uni with me >.>

Hellfire rounds :lol:

I've always played it that the Sternguard squad can still choose, the rule relating to them having to fire the same ammo is under Special Ammunition, which the Captain doesn't have, he has hellfire rounds. One's a rule, and the other is a piece of equipment that happens to be in the rule. I can't give you any quotes though, I don't have the Codex with me either, but that's how I always played it.

Archived