HQ with Command Squad - point allocation

BT_Wolfe

Noob qn:

I have a HQ with Command Squad (5 men).

Command Squad can select a veteran skill at +x per model.

So if I were to choose a veteran skill for the command squad does it cost me just 5x (thus HQ and any attached IC gets it free) or 6x?

TIA

Generally you pay for each model in the squad getting the upgrade (so 5X the points cost for a five man squad). Generally the attached IC will not get the upgrade. Points are spent and benefits purchased prior to the game. The IC isn't attached to the unit until the game begins, at which point the benefits have already been purchased.

Assuming you are using the BT codex, as that is the only one with that rule still, the IC gets the rule at the points as well. It should be explicitly stated in the Command Squad rules.

Assuming you are using the BT codex, as that is the only one with that rule still, the IC gets the rule at the points as well. It should be explicitly stated in the Command Squad rules.

Well, there you go - I missed the bit about included/attached ICs. :lol: Still, you buy the skill based on points per model in the Command Squad.

That's nice to know. A little cheese for BT for a change lol.

On a separate note, say I have a squad of assault Termis With Furious Charge. HQ joins the unit. During assault HQ does not receive Furious Charge bonus then. Likewise for the Infiltrate rule I suppose?

That's nice to know. A little cheese for BT for a change lol.

On a separate note, say I have a squad of assault Termis With Furious Charge. HQ joins the unit. During assault HQ does not receive Furious Charge bonus then. Likewise for the Infiltrate rule I suppose?

Furious charge does not pass from the squad to the IC.

Infiltrate is lost by the squad if an IC without Infiltrate joins them,

Archived