Angels of the Lion - Comeback special!

Sandalphon

Hey all - long time no post!

I've been on a bit of power-armoured hiatus but thought i'd return with my friendly neighbourhood Angels of the Lion:

http://coolminiornot.com/pics/pics15/img4ec85787d97f5.jpg

For those who are unfamiliar, they are a DIY Dark Angel successor chapter who were formed here in our forums back in the early noughties. This is a squad of Lion Guard (counts as Deathwing) the fearsome first company.

Enjoy!

Hey all - long time no post!

I've been on a bit of power-armoured hiatus but thought i'd return with my friendly neighbourhood Angels of the Lion:

Great paintjob, I love the way you painted the lightning claws. Would you mind telling us how you did it ? Thks in advance.

Great paintjob, I love the way you painted the lightning claws. Would you mind telling us how you did it ? Thks in advance.

Cheers all glad you like 'em!

The lightning claws were originally a single gradient of Regal, through Ice to Space wolves grey & skull white at the tips but after looking inanely at my fork one day i thought 'haha looks like lightning claws' and saw how the light reflected and thought i'd try it out as an nmm/ shiny blue metal look instead, which is essentially a double gradient at the curved midpoint of each claw. So i painted a thin white line across the angle i wanted to follow and then continued the gradient from below the line downwards.. The other thing i tried to keep in mind was some sense of a horizon line so the angle of the 'shine' isnt perpendicular to the claw but more parrallel to the ground plane..

Hope that makes sense!

Archived