Terrain Objectives WIP

Greetings Brothers and Sisters of the board!

For many a moon I have debated and thought over making objectives for my current, the Sons of Doom and my new chapter, the [=][= CLASSIFIED DATA: PURGED FROM POST =][=].

Firstly I have a near completed objective here, a simple banner on some battle detritus, displaying it as Objective #1 (I intend to have a banner on each objective to easily identify which objective is being discussed on the battlefield, eg in Apocalypse games.

gallery_26154_2874_94848.jpg

gallery_26154_2874_78824.jpg

gallery_26154_2874_65360.jpg

Opinions? I'm going to clean up the base to get rid of the red on it and will be adding a second coat of devlan mud to the back of the banner to get rid of the patchiness of it.

Next is my second and centrepiece objective, which is partially inspired by Neil Hodgson's objective from A Tale of Four Gamers, featuring a fallen Assault Marine after being hit by some heavy calibre weaponry to the shoulder first, then to his forehead. His sacrifice to the Emperor is an example to all servants to the Imperium. If a job's worth doing, it's worth dying for.

gallery_26154_2874_178051.jpg

gallery_26154_2874_166235.jpg

gallery_26154_2874_303134.jpg

I'll be basing the objective with sand soon and will be adding a basecoat of black as well, the conundrum for me when I paint it is what colour scheme should I paint the marine from my many many custom made chapters? I'm tempted to paint it up as one of my Sons of Doom but I want to try something a bit different. If anyone's got a suggestion from my gallery please feel free to. ;)

That's it for now, hopefully updates will be coming soon!

Cambrius

Ah I see you too are a fan of the 'empty your bits box onto a spare base' method of objective building lol!

I am thinking I will be hopping on this bandwagon as well.

@Brother Cambrius: I can't wait to see the Assault Marine one painted.

he is kind of right, I would remove what is not specially related to the assault marines, like the bolter and the ammo box.

this would made the scene more "cinematic", like he got shot while heroicly trying to plant that melta bomb.

Ah I see you too are a fan of the 'empty your bits box onto a spare base' method of objective building lol!

Does the trick though doesn't it? :P I'm quite certain GW do exactly the same with some of their objectives.

I am thinking I will be hopping on this bandwagon as well.

It's a good way of making them in my humble opinion because the bitz you have are always used during a battle and thus help to tie in with your army on the board, adding a little story to the game.

@Brother Cambrius: I can't wait to see the Assault Marine one painted.

Thanks, I'm still debating on what colour scheme I'm gonna paint him up as, might continue with the purple theme.

he is kind of right, I would remove what is not specially related to the assault marines, like the bolter and the ammo box.

this would made the scene more "cinematic", like he got shot while heroicly trying to plant that melta bomb.

Hmm tempting, I was trying to find something to help break up the expanse of nothingness tere on the base, so I might get rid of the bolter and simply keep the meltabomb, but embed it deeper into the base to make it look like it was dropped during the battle by the marine and got lost in the city's churned ground. The Heavy bolter ammo case is there to possibly provide a hint of what killed the marine. Any ideas what else I could use to replace them?

Cambrius

Well, I've now finally completed the fallen marine objective and here's it's progress below to the final product! I did remove the bolter in the end after much coaxing with a hobby knife and I'm debating over getting rid of the banner too, but I want to keep the uniformity of the banner to link with the other objectives. :confused::

gallery_26154_2874_395617.jpg

gallery_26154_2874_1547.jpg

gallery_26154_2874_354203.jpg

I'll be putting up the rest of the piccies of the completed objectives in the Hall of Honour if you wish to go there.

Comments appreciated and welcomed! :)

Cambrius

Archived