Lemartes or a chaplain

LoLPanda

lots. He has a 20 points difference from a Recluiarch for main reasons, One is a master crafted PW, second is an automatic JP, and 2 wounds, and the fury unbound rule. which will boost his stats to +1 I, and +1 A's so its way worth the points to add him.

Okay, thank you :)

I always choose a Reclusiarch over a Chaplain or Lemartes.

Because, a Reclusiarch has all the main benefits that a Chaplain or Lemartes offer, plus he fills an HQ slot saving me a lot of points in the end total.

where your recusiarch with a jumppack will cost more than lemmy. I tend to use the better of Lemmy's MC PW, and since he's not a IC he cant be targeted. i'll offer up one wound of his so he goes off the deep end next turn with higher INT, and Attacks with one failed hit attack can be re-rolled due to MC weapon.

So starting off in an assualt Lemmy will hit at INT 6, S 5, and 5 attacks. After one Wound lost will..

hopefuly you wipe out the squad cause the next squad will get.. or he'll go at INT 6 , S5, and 5 Attacks. next assault..

INT 7, S5, 6 attacks with rerolls on hits, and wounds. gotta love that Furious charge, LoB, and fury Unbound. :tu:

INT 7, S5, 6 attacks with rerolls on hits, and wounds. gotta love that Furious charge, LoB, and fury Unbound. :)

S6, 7 attacks with double rerolls actually. Base strength is raised to 5 and then +1 for furious charge. Attacks are 5 base +1 charge, +1 two cc weapons.

Dante and Mepiston has nothing on a pissed off Lemmy.

INT 7, S5, 6 attacks with rerolls on hits, and wounds. gotta love that Furious charge, LoB, and fury Unbound. :)

S6, 7 attacks with double rerolls actually. Base strength is raised to 5 and then +1 for furious charge. Attacks are 5 base +1 charge, +1 two cc weapons.

Dante and Mepiston has nothing on a pissed off Lemmy.

true. (im at work) So i knew someone would correct Lemmy's awesomeness.

Lemartes wrecks entire squads on his own. He's easily worth the extra 50 points over a chaplain or 20 over a reclusiarch. 7 S6 I7 attacks on the charge with rerolls to hit and to wound and he can't be singled out in combat? Yes please.

I used him in a large DC blob recently and the result was just brutal. They'll eat up and spit out just about anything you can throw in their way. Sure there are some CC deathstars that would kick their asses but everybody is currently too busy cramming their lists full of autocannons and minimalistic MSU spam. Fearless means that they'll swallow bit by bit of your opponents army but never stop until the last man is down.

Is there any interest in a DC+rage tactica?

Lemartes wrecks entire squads on his own. He's easily worth the extra 50 points over a chaplain or 20 over a reclusiarch. 7 S6 I7 attacks on the charge with rerolls to hit and to wound and he can't be singled out in combat? Yes please.

I used him in a large DC blob recently and the result was just brutal. They'll eat up and spit out just about anything you can throw in their way. Sure there are some CC deathstars that would kiss their asses but everybody currently is too busy cramming their lists full of autocannons and minimalistic MSU spam. Fearless means that they'll swallow bit by bit of your opponents army but never stop until the last man is down.

Hell yeah!

Lemartes is sadly the only named Character of the Blood Angels I don't posses the model (or my incarnation of the model) off...

I used him in a large DC blob recently and the result was just brutal. They'll eat up and spit out just about anything you can throw in their way. Sure there are some CC deathstars that would kick their asses but everybody is currently too busy cramming their lists full of autocannons and minimalistic MSU spam. Fearless means that they'll swallow bit by bit of your opponents army but never stop until the last man is down.

Seen as though I am collecting a death company army, if your offering tactics, please throw it my way ^^

Seen as though I am collecting a death company army, if your offering tactics, please throw it my way ^^

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...l=death+company

Quick question regarding rage:

How do you determine what the "closest visible enemy" is? Because if you use the usual line of sight rules it opens up a whole bunch of tricks that makes rage a complete non issue.

You have to see the enemy. If you can block LOS to an enemy (usually using Vehicles) you don't have to move towards them.

Lemartes gives initiative 7 on the charge rerolling hits and wounds on S5 or S6 at WS 5

This high initiative and re-rolling hits and wounds is much more valuable than a Reclusiarch who is a point slower and can be targetted in CC.

That high initiative is the difference between breaking a death cult assassin squad or or any other high initiative assault unit. You want to see those shiny GK terminators or SS with halberds crumble ? take Lemartes. Hitting first, WS 5 hits on 3's and wounds on 3's or 2's (fury unbound) with re-rolls on both.

Lemartes is 5 points less than a reclusiarch and can not be singled out in combat.

He is an absolute CC must have.

I consider Lemartes as a 220 point 3+, 4 wound model (two DC as ablative wounds) that can't be instantly killed (virtually EW) by anything in CC untill the whole squad is gone, (35 points/JP DC, Lemartes becomes even better value when run with non JP DC his 2 abalative DC are now 40 points instead of 70)

Yes he rages but get him on the job and he awesome at his work.

I run Lemartes in a Storm Raven but can someone point out where a JP troop is prohibited from using a LR, Rhino or Razorback.

Le Martes is part of the Death Company and they can use transport if they have no jump packs.

His wargear entry limits Lemartes adding equipment but does it prevent him removing equipment in this case a jump pack?

I run Lemartes in a Storm Raven but can someone point out where a JP troop is prohibited from using a LR, Rhino or Razorback.

Le Martes is part of the Death Company and they can use transport if they have no jump packs.

His wargear entry limits Lemartes adding equipment but does it prevent him removing equipment in this case a jump pack?

It's his unit type -> Jump Infantry.

You can't just leave some wargear away and change the unit type this way. Would be the same thing with packing terminators into a Rhino leaving away their terminator army. ; )

He is worth while the only issue I see is if you put him in a death company he is grounded unless you pay the stupid prices for their jump packs and also they haven't done a finecast version of him yet I'd use that sweet model as a normal reclusiarch all the time if they did it in finecast (ever since finecast came out I've been a bit of a metal hater mostly due to the metal DE hydra being a pain to keep together even pinned)

Lemartes. Every time. Used him today against Templars. He and two marines(one PW, Lemy was down to one wound) charged and killed 7 Assault Terminator Sword Brethren(several with hammer/shield and some claws) including EC and totally nuked them. Last man standing was the Emperors Champion with one wound, which he lost to Fearless. 'twas like over 350 points? I don't know, but it changed the battle totally. Afterwards, Lemmy withstood a whole salvo of one LRC and survived(still one wound) in the open...and had to charge it next turn. ;)

Snorri

Archived