Noob army building, wargear questions

Azaghal

Hi all!

I'm starting Blood Angels army (well, technically it'll be my own DIY chapter, but on C:BA) and I'm going to buy AoBR (as I don't own the rulebook) and BA battleforce. From this I want to make:

1 Librarian (AoBR captain) - question: if leaving him vanilla, should he have bolter or bolt pistol?

1 Dreadnought (from what I understand I won't have options to customize him anyways)

5 Death Company

20 Tactical Marines

5 Assault Marines

5 termies

1 Rhino

I want to convert tacs so that I have 10 DC, 10 AM and 10AM without JP. I have 9 excess CCW+BP arm sets, what other bits should I obtain? How would you equip the AMs? I think power fist for each sergeant + one flamer and one melta for each sqad (or one melta/flamer one 2melta squad). Maybe I need more Power Weapons for my DC (I don't know how many come with the battleforce)?

Thx for the help.

Az :down:

Welcome to the Blood Angels.

- Bolt pistol is preferable for librarians to give an extra close combat attack

- powerfists are very good in Tact/RAS squads, although if you add Priests to the army, you will want to put in some Power Weapons to take advantage of the initiative 5

-I usually run DC w/ 2 Thunderhammers and the rest naked, reason for this is that given the number of wounds that can be caused by Death Company, the power weapons attacks usually seem to get stacked on only one or two models, the thunderhammers on the other hand get all of their wounds to count due to their initiative 1

Hope this helps

Welcome to the B+C and the Blood Angels.

I find 2 meltas for each 10 man assault squad, and either a powerfist or thunder hammer for each.

For 10 DC, 1 would look to 2 fists/hammers, 1 power weapon. You should have enough bits for that.

The librarian definitely wants a bolt pistol.

If I was you, and didn't want to buy a whole lot of other boxes for a while, and you wanted to keep it 10 DC, 10 ASM with jump packs, and 10 without jump packs, I would change the 10 without jump packs to Tacticals. They don't need a transport if you give them a good placement in cover near an objective, and can be good sitters, midfield reaction force. Maybe Tacticals are not as point efficient as Assault marines, but I'm only talking about doing this for hobby purposes and ease-of-play.

Put the Death Company in the Rhino since it is almost impossible to keep them going the way you want.

I REALLY recommend magnetizing the backpacks on the Assault marines. One day I want 20 jumpers, another day I want two Rhinos full or 4 Razorbacks. Do the work now and it will save you a ton of work later on.

Archived