lemartes

khurdur

Just a quick question, if I buy my death company unit lemartes, does he count as part of the unit or an independent character?

The codex says unit type jump infantry (unique)...meaning what?

He counts as part of the squad, not an IC.

Hope that answers your question.

Cheers,

Panda.

he is rather bada$$.....so any plasma shots directed at the unit can be put on him so suffers one wound and turns him into sanguinius

That's how I usually play with him... 10 strong DC + Lemartes... I have had several situations my opponent was only able to score one wound while shooting... I placed it on Lemartes... The sheer violence and awesomeness that erupted afterwards is almost scary <_<

he is rather bada$$.....so any plasma shots directed at the unit can be put on him so suffers one wound and turns him into sanguinius

That's how I usually play with him... 10 strong DC + Lemartes... I have had several situations my opponent was only able to score one wound while shooting... I placed it on Lemartes... The sheer violence and awesomeness that erupted afterwards is almost scary :)

Yeah, it's crazy how ape-:) he goes when he throws his little tantrum. I was playing against a friend of mine who plays Dark Angels. It was a 1250 point match and I had a squad of 5 DC plus Lemartes in my army. I got the first turn and moved all my guys up the board, unfortunately my DC didn't get quite close enough to assault. On his turn a squad of scouts and a tactical squad managed to mow down all of my death company with sniper and bolter fire thanks to very poor rolling on my part for armor saves and FNP. Only Lemartes was left, and with only one wound. Next turn Lemartes assaults his five man scout squad, kills them all in one turn, they didn't even get to return a single attack. My opponents next turn he decides to turn the attention of his tactical squad on my SG instead of finishing off Lemartes. Big mistake. Lemartes charges his tactical squad, all 10 men, and wipes out half of them on my turn, surviving all attacks returned at him thanks to his armor, FNP, and in the sergeants case, his invulnerable save against the power weapon. He then destroys the rest of the tactical squad during the assault phase on my friends turn. He then proceeds to rage towards another already occurring melee in my turn, involving my SG and a squad of his bikes. He kills two normal bikes and an attack bike on the charge and the SG mop up the rest. He then spends the rest of the match chasing around a tank that he barely has the strength to glance, but even so, he finally managed to immobilize it on the final turn.

Needless to say, I won the match thanks in large part to the badassery that is Lemartes. I think non-blood angels players just don't expect a unit upgrade special character to be so.... destructive.

The key thing to remember is that the codex says, "The Death Company can include Lemartes." Whereas Corbulo's entry says "You can include Corbulo as one of your sanguinary priests." So therefore Lemartes doesnt replace a DC marine like Corbulo replaces a priest.

If that is the case with Lemartes would you say DC Tycho does or does not count towards the DC Dreadnought limit? (I know it's probably irrelevant because no one takes DC Tycho, but still...)
Not. He is not of type Death Company. He is type Death Company Tycho.

Hrmm, after having read the replies and double checking the codex, I appear to have been mistaken. The Death Company Dreadnought profile does indeed specifically say "Death Company Models". My apologies.

If Lemartes isn't specifically a death company model, and rather just a death company optional member, does that mean he also doesn't count towards the squad limit? Unit composition is 3 death company with the option to add up to 27 more death company, for a squad cap of 30. Lemartes profile simply says the Death Company can include Lemartes, so could you field a full unit of 30 DC and then add Lemartes for 31 hypothetically? Not that it really matters that much for all intents and purposes, I'm just curious.

Hrmm, after having read the replies and double checking the codex, I appear to have been mistaken. The Death Company Dreadnought profile does indeed specifically say "Death Company Models". My apologies.

If Lemartes isn't specifically a death company model, and rather just a death company optional member, does that mean he also doesn't count towards the squad limit? Unit composition is 3 death company with the option to add up to 27 more death company, for a squad cap of 30. Lemartes profile simply says the Death Company can include Lemartes, so could you field a full unit of 30 DC and then add Lemartes for 31 hypothetically? Not that it really matters that much for all intents and purposes, I'm just curious.

You are correct. DC can be 30 DC + Lemartes.

It is conceivable to spend 3000 points on 1 unit. 30 DC with jump packs and 2 Thunder Hammers each and Lemartes.

You are correct. DC can be 30 DC + Lemartes.

It is conceivable to spend 3000 points on 1 unit. 30 DC with jump packs and 2 Thunder Hammers each and Lemartes.

heh, and here i thought my furioso dreadnought was a lawn mower :D id like to see something get charged by that unit and live :D

thought to be honest if your opponent has the same amount of points... not that hard :)

Archived