CSM The Reborn

tazz888

It is brushed on. The texture is from the rust itself.

Cool thanks. So is your army complete or can we expect to see more models in the future?

There is more coming. I am currently working on a FW Plague Hulk and also have a FW Hellblade, chaos Warhound, converted Demon Prince and a converted Stormraven all waiting for paint.

All in the same scheme? I'd love to see a Warhound done up like this!

Yes all in the same scheme. The Titan is the only thing I'm not sure about yet. I may do it in the Legio Vulcanun scheme since marines don't really have titans assigned to their chapters but rather are supported by a Titan legion.

Sweet. I can't wait to see the new additions. I think you could get a way with the Titan in the same scheme as the rest of your army, after all, your sorcerer does raise the dead & presses them into service again - He just happen to be able to reanimate an ancient titian & their crew.

Sweet. I can't wait to see the new additions. I think you could get a way with the Titan in the same scheme as the rest of your army, after all, your sorcerer does raise the dead & presses them into service again - He just happen to be able to reanimate an ancient titian & their crew.

Point well taken my friend...

I've been trying to find the scheme for the Legio Vulcanun, but I can't seem to find it anywhere. Do you have a link for it. I've been curious about it ever since you said that you were considering that scheme for your titan.

Imperial Armour vol. 6 has pics of 2 schemes. One is grey with gold trim and the variant scheme is green with silver trim. I am partial to the grey myself.

Imperial Armour vol. 6 has pics of 2 schemes. One is grey with gold trim and the variant scheme is green with silver trim. I am partial to the grey myself.

Ah, I see. I don't have any of the IA books unfortunately. Have you given thought to doing the scheme & then applying the rust effect to it?

Ah, I see. I don't have any of the IA books unfortunately. Have you given thought to doing the scheme & then applying the rust effect to it?

Yes I was planning on rusting the mechanical parts and the areas around the battle damage areas on the armor.

Holy crap. I'm not a huge fan of Chaos but hot-damn these are awesome. I love the rusted trencher/Legion of the Damned look to these guys, still easily indetifiable as Nurgle without them vomiting organs down their armour, these guys are perfect. Awesome job.

Holy crap. I'm not a huge fan of Chaos but hot-damn these are awesome. I love the rusted trencher/Legion of the Damned look to these guys, still easily indetifiable as Nurgle without them vomiting organs down their armour, these guys are perfect. Awesome job.

Thanks!!! That's what I was trying to acheive with this army. Don't get me wrong... bloated, organ vomiting minis do have their place in this army, but it is going to be limited to the Plague Hulk i'm currently working on and the Death Guard bodyguards that I plan on doing for the scorcerer.

• 1 year later...

Well after a long break from working on my Reborn I finally have come back to start workinh on the last few peices of the army. I still have the FW Plague Hulk and the Warhound to finish but I decided that I wanted to add another dread to the army. Here are some WIP pics of what I've been working on. Time to start painting!!

Y1

Y2

Y3

Y4

Y5

Y6

Y7

That's a fantastic looking army! All the Marine/skeleton conversions I've seen so far have always felt a little silly. Not so with your force though. I especially love how you've gone through the trouble of integrating the skeleton and armour. Marvelous work!

My only - very small gripe - concerns your DP: I always felt that that codpiece looked really awkward without one of the loincloths from the DP kit.

All in all, though, this is brilliant!

Are you still working on the army? The last update was quite a while ago.

In any case, thanks for sharing!

One thing I noticed when I went back and looked again- the Dreadnought has so much untapped potential :(

A limited palette is fine, but there is so much detail and so much going on with that FW dread that it deserves a slight divergence from the monotone look.  All those pustules, buboes and carbuncles are the same color as the metal itself, like it's just...lumpy metal.  A bit of selectively used pale green on those cankers would do a lot, without really affecting its cohesion with the rest of the force.  

One thing I noticed when I went back and looked again- the Dreadnought has so much untapped potential :(

A limited palette is fine, but there is so much detail and so much going on with that FW dread that it deserves a slight divergence from the monotone look.  All those pustules, buboes and carbuncles are the same color as the metal itself, like it's just...lumpy metal.  A bit of selectively used pale green on those cankers would do a lot, without really affecting its cohesion with the rest of the force.  

Point well taken. Back when I originally painted it I wanted to stay away from the typical plague marine look and the lumpy rusty look was what I was looking to achieve but lately I've been thinking about doing exactly what you're suggesting. One I finished the contemptor I will revisit the dread and make some changes to help make it stand out.

Archived