CSM The Reborn

tazz888

Now what you should really do is convert your own Dread from one of the loyalist kits -- I'm sure you'd hit it out of the park! The real problem is that the FW Dread - lovely as it may be - sports a very classic Death Guard look, while the rest of your army is something altogether different.

Just sayin'... msn-wink.gif

• 1 month later...

This awesome, if you don't mind I think I may rust up a few of my own pieces!   How did you prime? Did you use a special type primer first, or just paint the iron straight on to the plastic  / normal minature primer?

This awesome, if you don't mind I think I may rust up a few of my own pieces!   How did you prime? Did you use a special type primer first, or just paint the iron straight on to the plastic  / normal minature primer?

I used black Army Painter primer, but any will work.

thanks. I'm really excited to give this a go - I bought copper and bronze paints and blue / green patinas to test out all kinds of effects.  Did you have to apply a special laquer to stop the oxidisation from continuing, or do you think normal model varnish will work?  Did you even bother?

I did spray them with a matte finish. It was more to seal and protect the finish than anything. The rusting procces will stop after a day or two. I have a Tru Scale Storm Raven that I statred months ago that has not continued to rust after the first few days.

More to come!! Will be expanding the squads to 10 man, get going with painting the Plague Hulk as well as the Hell Blade and start building the Warhound. A few Vindicators may find their way into the mix as well!!!

Hi taz888, just thought i'd tell you I bought the same paints and am going to give it a go too. I've got lots of modelling to do so it wont be just yet, but i'm really keen to see how you army grows!  Thanks for being an inspiration and having the genius to do this

Hi taz888, just thought i'd tell you I bought the same paints and am going to give it a go too. I've got lots of modelling to do so it wont be just yet, but i'm really keen to see how you army grows! Thanks for being an inspiration and having the genius to do this

Thanks for the kind words!! Feel free to ask me any questions along the way. Can't wait to see how yours turn out!

On a side note, I've started to paint the FW Hell Blade that will be a counts as Heldrake. The Plague Hulk has been primed and the Warhound build has started!! More troops will be built once the last of the required bits arrive devil.gif

I'll post updates as progress is made.

Hey Tazz, these guys are really nice. The rusty look is very effective. What are the skull heads from though? Bugging me that I can't figure it out....

All the skeleton bits are from Warhammer Fantasy Skeleton Warriors.

Archived