titan weaponry

maverike_prime

Okay this is a question, but since it's in perpetration for build a model I guess it's a work in progress.

a friend and I are leaning toward building a war hound titan and we've been tossing ideas back and forth and one of the ideas we're talking about involves the weapons. Well actually a lot of the ideas we're tossing back and forth involve the weapons. But specifically the plasma blast cannon. We're talking about building it in form more reminiscent of a space marine plasma gun or cannon. Like if you look at the forge world cannon, it's build laterally with the barrels side by side giving it a wide low structure. But if you look at Space marine plasma weapons, they're built in a much more slender fashion being taller and more narrow. So we're talking about building the cannon like that. Neither of us are totally sold on the idea, but it seems interesting enough to post the idea and ask for feed back, or perhaps even suggestions regarding it. Here's a mock up I did using images from a template set:

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a316/maverike_prime/Warhammer/WarhoundPartsInstructions-1weby.jpg

Obviously the upper image is the cannon mounted on the warhound while the lower is of the cannon itself. Once again this is an extremly crude mock up that I did in about 15 minutes but I think it gets the idea across.

So, what are you thoughts on it?

Personally, I like the flat look of the FW version, since its been carried across the titans and the Storm...lord?

I think that a vertical version would look pretty good, and if you altered the look of the other arm to be vertical as well, that may make things look pretty interesting.

I assume it'd be double barreled? That may look a bit funny on a vertical weapon, unless you can somehow emulate the way that the multi-meltas look. I don't think I've ever seen a double barreled, vertical plasma weapon.

The mockup is solid, I really like the tubes running the length of the weapon, if you opt to go with the horizontal look, you should add the long tubes too. :cuss

Archived