TLLC Predator

appiah4

So the humble predator, Twin Linked Lascannon kind..

I'm thinking of trying one. (I'll of course magnetize all turret and sponson options, including no sponsons..)

But, how would you rate the BA TLLC Predator (w/ or w/o HB Sponsons)?

Pros:

12" move and fire

Quite good AV

Cons:

Poor anti-infantry

Expensive Turret

Comparisons:

Las-Plas Predator: Less mobile, more effective (or is it?)

Baal Predator: Less range, better anti infantry and synergy with sponson options

Your comments?

I quite like the idea of a 12" move & fire AV13 TLLC..

Pretty sure you talk about a Las/Plas - Razorback am I right?

; )

I vote for the Autocannon-Predator with Lascannon Sponsons, because it gives me two Lascannons. It smashes light vehicles and still is quite effective against the heavy ones.

And it saved my ass many times.

In my opinion you'll simply pay too much for that single shot, it can be done more efficient. 45 points is just too much to upgrade an Autocannon to a TL-Lasscannon. If you like the idea in itself (moving 12" with your vehicles a lot) then I would do it in a different way, something like this:

6x 5 ASM with a TL-Lasscannon Razorback. 6x 155

3x Baal Predator with TL-AC 3x 115

3x Predator with Autocannon 3x 70

Total: 1485

Leaves enough room for an HQ choice and upgrades for the ASM/vehicles, assuming you play 1750. Every vehicle can move up to 12" while firing to it's full effect. Is it efficient? No, not really, Las/Plas Razors and sponsons for Predators are efficient upgrades after all.

Pretty sure you talk about a Las/Plas - Razorback am I right?

; )

I vote for the Autocannon-Predator with Lascannon Sponsons, because it gives me two Lascannons. It smashes light vehicles and still is quite effective against the heavy ones.

And it saved my ass many times.

Thats what i've got two of with 1 Baal :)

I find the Baal Pred with Assault Cannons and Heavy Bolter sponsons to offer more on the battlefield.

You have a better chance popping high AV targets with the Baal, plus the added flexibility of light AV and anti-infantry. Oh, and there is the Scout rule on the Baal. <_<

Archived