Quick Rules Querry

Brother Dakath

And I'm still not seeing any proof or reference in any way shape or form that the vulnerable wounds are the same STR & AP as the initial wound.

I fail to see how

If it is not a vehicle, each unsaved wound is doubled to two wounds.

is unclear. Each unsaved wound becomes two wounds.

If you had an apple I said the each fruit you had was to be doubled, would you imagine that you will end up with two oranges?

It would be a different story if I said you could have an additional fruit for each one you had - it would be implicit that for each apple you would get another apple, but possible that you might get some other type of fruid instead. But that's not how it is worded. X times 2 = 2X not 1X + 1Y or any other combination.

The way I read it is like, Hey this dude has 3 wounds, whack something took 1 away. Then there is Universal law that took another 1 away with some almighty power because I suffered 1 prior to that but didn't bother to tell me what it was using...I don't see it saying Hey you got shot in the face, so let me shoot you in the face again with the same gun.

I find it funny that we are using apples/oranges and almighty powers to describe this. Seriously, if we are supposed to pay strict attention to the actual wording, shouldn't we also pay attention to what is NOT there?

@ Seahawk, I agree with your order of ops for this instance, just not how everyone sees somewhere that these are the same profile as the first wound. Also do you have access to the BRB FAQ on this subject you mentioned? That would be cool to look at

@Gentlemanloser, if ID doesn't generate more unsaved wounds, then why are we debating this. And asking me to show where the book says that these wounds are NOT the same is like asking me to show you where the book says you CAN'T just walk in and declare yourself the winner. It's not there, aren't we supposed to take it for what it is?

@Gentlemanloser, if ID doesn't generate more unsaved wounds, then why are we debating this. And asking me to show where the book says that these wounds are NOT the same is like asking me to show you where the book says you CAN'T just walk in and declare yourself the winner. It's not there, aren't we supposed to take it for what it is?
The book does tell you how you win, however.

:lol: I suddenly had a mental image of the scene from Montey Python's and the Holy Grail -

[Holding the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch]

King Arthur: How does it... um... how does it work?

Sir Lancelot: I know not, my liege.

King Arthur: Consult the Book of Armaments.

Brother Maynard: Armaments, chapter two, verses nine through twenty-one.

Cleric: [reading] And Saint Attila raised the hand grenade up on high, saying, "O Lord, bless this thy hand grenade, that with it thou mayst blow thine enemies to tiny bits, in thy mercy." And the Lord did grin. And the people did feast upon the lambs and sloths, and carp and anchovies, and orangutans and breakfast cereals, and fruit-bats and large chu...

Brother Maynard: Skip a bit, Brother...

Cleric: And the Lord spake, saying, "First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.

Brother Maynard: Amen.

All: Amen.

King Arthur: Right. One... two... five.

Galahad: Three, sir.

King Arthur: Three.

Same thing. The rules tell you to count to three. The rules don't say "you may not count to two, unless you proceedeth to three". A little common sense must be excercised, especially in the context of GW rules.

The rulebook says "Each unsaved wound is doubled to two wounds". I really don't see how this can be read in any way other than the extra wounds being from the same source. You are not generating some new, undefined wounds. You are doubling wounds that already exist. These wounds have been caused by the weapon that was fired, why would they have a different profile?

Archived