Black Dragon Space Marine sergeant

ron

Because of your model I decided to read up on the Black Dragons and that was an interesting read. Based on what I read your model really portrays the Black Dragons' history. At first I was going to critique as to why the Icon was white instead of black but I guess that's how it is supposed to be. The shoulderpad looks great too. I'm not too sure if you should continue to use the Chaos parts since I don't think they are renegades. Also I hope you learn how to sculpt the protruding bones and/or fangs to really make them unique.

Like this a lot. My own chapter, The Sons of Dorn, actaully started life out as Black Dragons. I had several hundred points of them painted up when I decided painting all black was too boring for me at the time (was 15) but I also didn't want to start from scratch, so I just added some white and some red and made them into my own guys. When the were black dragons I used the rules from Chapter approved and everything. I think I still have the sergeants left since I had converted them and didn't wan't to ruin them.

Your guy is great though, hope to see more. 21st Founding!

My one crit is that I agree you went a little overboard with the chaos parts. I like the idea of him being kind of ambiguous, but he feels more renegade then bad ass mo fo like he should. I think its the head.

Thanks for the kind words guys.

The spikey armour with the spikey head and spikey arm may have been a bit too much. Maybe just the plain Imperial armour would have made a better contrast to the chapter mutations.

Next time. I'm working on an Alpha Legion model now so I'll see if I can get a better balance between the bits used.

Archived