Custom Objectives

Brother Cambrius

Greetings all! After over 4 years playing with my Space Marines, I figured it was about time that I had some proper objectives to use during games. So after a raid around my bitz box, I managed to put together the two objectives below.

Firstly, this objective is simply a chapter squad's banner that was placed onto some battle detritus, possibly due to the squad falling and it is my Astartes' objective to recover the banner for the honour of the fallen Marines.

gallery_26154_2874_470166.jpg

gallery_26154_2874_11601.jpg

And next is my centrepiece objective at the moment, which is a mini diorama in a way, displaying a fallen Assault Marine Sergeant who had fallen as he charged to place a melta bomb onto a target, but heavy fire struck his right pauldron, spinning the warrior around as he ran, then taking another round to the forehead, thus ending this glorious Astartes' life. The objective for my army being that they must retrieve their fallen battle brother's body and recover his geneseed to ensure the chapter's legacy lives on:

gallery_26154_2874_354203.jpg

gallery_26154_2874_55027.jpg

gallery_26154_2874_125631.jpg

gallery_26154_2874_385418.jpg

And that's it for now! Please do drop a comment/suggestion here. I appreciate any feedback. :confused: I also have a WIP thread in that area of the forum if you wish to keep track of my third and final objective project.

Thanks for taking a look!

Cambrius

Liking the look of your objective markers Cambrius :D Nothing to fancy (in my opinion) but I like them. Which Chapter is that Assault Marine from? One of your own DIY Chapters?

Thanks Ludovic. Yeah I made it so that the objectives weren't too fancy or extravagant so it could be seen to blend in with the battlefield on the tabletop, but also still be noticeable enough for people to recognise that they're objectives.

These are on of my creations, a new army I hope to start called the [=][= CLASSIFIED DATA: PURGED FROM POST =][=].

Cambrius

Looks awesome ... although I feel bad for those poor fallen marines.

Thanks and don't worry Ecritter, their duty and service means I'll have my marines fight extra hard to put the fallen to rest. Gives me extra incentive to win every time. :) I'm currently at a loss of what to use for my next one though. :rolleyes:

Cambrius

markers look good. really like the fallen assault marine.

Cheers arizonajirt! :P The assault marine's been one I've wanted to do for a year or two now after seeing something saimilar in White Dwarf for "A Tale of Four Gamers".

I'm starting to work out an idea for my next objective. Stay tuned! :P

Cambrius

After a little further work to help distract me from current RL news shaking me up, I'm happy to show the 3rd objective/terrain piece below. I used the cap off of a small LYNX (AXE for you American types. :D) and added a 2nd Edition marine I had lying around as they have the perfect statue look to them.

Thus we have a statue commemorating the actions of a chapter in the reclaiming of a city. The chapter itself is not known, no name is written upon the statue, however, the Astartes of the Sons of Doom and the [=][= CLASSIFIED DATA: PURGED FROM POST =][=] declare that to allow a monument to Battle Brothers past fall into enemy hands is an affront to their fallen's honour and legacy. Thus the statue must be protected from the taints of the enemy:

gallery_26154_2874_279507.jpg

And now protected by a sub-squad of my Sons of Doom.

gallery_26154_2874_3552231.jpg

I will hopefully have a picture of these objectives being used in a game next week, probably Wednesday.

Comments as always welcomed and appreciated. :yes:

Cambrius

I'm really enjoying these objectives, I really like that assault marine one. How did you do his right hand?

Thanks bro! The hand is simply a biker's arm, no other adjustments. they're great for fallen marines as is the classic bolter arm if you can get it just right over the chest plate to look like the Marine's put it over a bullet wound.

Cambrius

he looks like a sally gone all ripe and funky with moldy gene seed...

Interesting description of the purple and silver scheme...not Sally seed in em though. :)

Cambrius

ok, what i meant was... from the picture of the LEFT shoulder pad which has a WHITE dragon (ie Salamander chapter marking)

and the fact that Sallies are GREEN and BLACK when they are living.. and to imply that he was dead and had decomposed to the point of turning PURPLE and SILVER...wait now i'm confused... oh well

ok, what i meant was... from the picture of the LEFT shoulder pad which has a WHITE dragon (ie Salamander chapter marking)

and the fact that Sallies are GREEN and BLACK when they are living.. and to imply that he was dead and had decomposed to the point of turning PURPLE and SILVER...wait now i'm confused... oh well

Heh don't worry, it makes sense ta me. The Apothecaries will ensure that the poor marine will be put to rest and decompose in peace. :o

Cambrius

Archived