The Angel of Music

spiros14

well, simply said, has Tychos model been based on the phantom of the opera? i mean, he does have the mask, the horrible disfigurement.

I just see some of games workshops models as culture icons, such as blackheart looking like freddy krueger.

...or am i just going crazy?

Very interesting. The Phantom of the Opera came out in 1986, the year before 40K. The distinctive half mask (one side rather than, as in all previous production, top half of face) was invented for it. Tycho is the only other character I can think of who wears the same kind of mask, and for the same reason. The Phantom is called Erik, perhaps contributing to 'Erasmus'.

Very interesting. The Phantom of the Opera came out in 1986, the year before 40K. The distinctive half mask (one side rather than, as in all previous production, top half of face) was invented for it. Tycho is the only other character I can think of who wears the same kind of mask, and for the same reason. The Phantom is called Erik, perhaps contributing to 'Erasmus'.

Almost, 1986 was one release of the story, the original was a book first released in 1909, followed by a silent film in 1925 then again in 1962, then the 1986 version and then again in 2004 (my favorite version). It is a story I have always found fascinating myself.

I can actually see them using the Phantom as the basis for Tycho now to get a Tycho model and paint him up properly to be the phantom.

Ah yes, but as I said the Tycho-style half mask is unique to the Lloyd Webber musical. Lemartes looks more like the earlier versions of the Phantom.

I could have sworn that the half mask appeared well before the Lloyd Webber version.

Did the phantom have power armor, jump pack and a master crafted crosius? :lol:

I believe you are mixing up your characters, Tycho has none of the gear you mentioned.

Archived