Knights Encarmine

Hrvat

Hail brethren!

As of few days ago I have started a new Space Marine force based on Black Templars imagery but painted in different colours. In my case Black was exchaned for Red.

Those of you who are weak of heart I put a warning my painting skills are the worst in my gaming group and I will not be responsible for any health problems.

Thread carefully :P

For the first model (which spent the last decade just primed in Chaos Black on a shelf overlooking the entrance into my room :D ) that is done (I use that word lightly cosidering it is just tabletop ready and there is much finetuning to be done before I will be completely satisfied) today I bring you:

Brother Horvath, Champion of the Bethsamnel Sector Crusade

gallery_21152_6684_590990.jpg

gallery_21152_6684_507246.jpg

The light is just to strong yet the photo is dark obscuring the washes in the recessess and the fact that the sword is actually gloss varnished to make it look like it is made out of some super opsidian.

My camera is average at best and my photo taking skills are even worse. Any advice how to take better pictures are wholeheartedly welcome.

The next models to come are 6 old metal Neophytes with bolt pistols and combat knives.

Cheers

P.S. background for the entire force is being developed here.

Hi there!

First things first your painting looks very clean and smooth which is always a great start :)

A couple of critiques I have are the washes look to light and I can't see any highlights. It may just be the photo (if so ignore me)

Personally i like to wash very heavy and then re-layer the colour back on top to create some nice deep shadowing. Dont be afraid to slap the stuff on and tidy it up with paint afterwards! :rolleyes:

As for taking photos I'd suggest as a first step laying out some white paper underneath and behind the model as it will stand out a lot easier. Next thing is if you don't have a daylight bulb (these things are great for painting at nightime btw) then take the model out into the daylight to take the photos.

What colour(s) were you thinking of painting the base in?

Some more shots, this time in daylight on a white base.

gallery_21152_6684_672408.jpg

gallery_21152_6684_27.jpg

gallery_21152_6684_513925.jpg

and the upcoming models

gallery_21152_6684_253004.jpg

For the bases I haven't yet decided I am waiting to paint a few more models before I do it. Though I am leaning towards a dark grey and pumice like texture.

Cheers

Hail ^^

I love the EC. How about a very very tiny white dot in the center of the blue eyes?

Bah, who cares what level your painting skills are? You will improve big time like everyone who keeps at it and I bet once everything looks like the color scheme you're going for, it will all be uniform and beautiful.

Archived