AoBR Set

BloodTzar

Almost year ago, i was given an AoBR as a gift, which made me start 40k. I only assembled it and never did anything more than played few games. Now when i have over 5000 points worth of BA army, I wonder what to do with it?

I can use terminators, as i did put CML on them; however does anyone use Tac.Terms anymore? Even with priest?

Tac.Sq well they are useless, but perhaps for apocalypse.

Dread can be converted into, HF-Frag furiouso so that’s very easy.

My biggest concern is a captain, what to do with him? Any idea or perhaps some real conversions to show etc.?

Thanks

~BT

Almost year ago, i was given an AoBR as a gift, which made me start 40k. I only assembled it and never did anything more than played few games. Now when i have over 5000 points worth of BA army, I wonder what to do with it?

I can use terminators, as i did put CML on them; however does anyone use Tac.Terms anymore? Even with priest?

Tac.Sq well they are useless, but perhaps for apocalypse.

Dread can be converted into, HF-Frag furiouso so that’s very easy.

My biggest concern is a captain, what to do with him? Any idea or perhaps some real conversions to show etc.?

Thanks

~BT

The best thing to do with the terminators is buy army bits off of ebay or somewhere else on the internet and make them assault terminators. Tactical terminators aren't the best use of either 200+ points or a precious Elite slot.

The Captain you could use as a stand-in Librarian with no jump pack.

I won't comment on the tactical squads because there are varying opinions about them. However, don't discount the possibility of using them as Sternguard. Sternguard are undervalued in BA armies.

My suggestion with the captain is simple use him as a captain for one of the companies, like maybe the 6th or 7th company since those two make the most sense.

Tactical squads in my opinion are undervalued, with the right tactics applied to a battle, Tactical, Devastator, Tactical Terminators, and Sternguard squads are beyond value, namely in take and hold missions or defense missions.

my 2c? Use them as is, and learn something more than omgdoaftw! Tactical squads are, despite various other suggestions, a damn good choice if you can get you head out of the charge at all costs mindset, tac terms are are, in some situations, better than assault terms, and the capt- well, untill you can answer the question yourself, just take him for giggles.

However, don't discount the possibility of using them as Sternguard. Sternguard are undervalued in BA armies.

I made my Capt into a Meph count as. I had to make some modifications but its all good.

Tac as Stern is a good idea or just roll them in a Rhino and have them capture something. I took the Sgt apart and made him a capt/champion w/ JP. Use some pliers, razor knife, glue and green stuff and make what you want/need.

Good Luck

The best thing to do with the terminators is buy army bits off of ebay or somewhere else on the internet and make them assault terminators. Tactical terminators aren't the best use of either 200+ points or a precious Elite slot.

I honestly think tactical terminators are better for BA than assault terminators. Assault terminators need that expensive transport while the tacticals do well on foot. Tacticals won't crowd the drop zone either in a reserve list as they operate just as well from 24" away.

Another option is to convert them into TDA characters like chaplains, priests or librarians. With 5k points you should have built quite a bitz-box.

It's quite easy to swap arms and head on the captain.

I made a Blood Drinkers unit (since they use codex markings) from the taq squad. Other uses would be extra bodies for devastator squads.

However, don't discount the possibility of using them as Sternguard. Sternguard are undervalued in BA armies.

I made my Capt into a Meph count as. I had to make some modifications but its all good.

Tac as Stern is a good idea or just roll them in a Rhino and have them capture something. I took the Sgt apart and made him a capt/champion w/ JP. Use some pliers, razor knife, glue and green stuff and make what you want/need.

Good Luck

Archived