RhythmDoctors World Eaters

LeeMXT

Howdy Folks,

Returning B&C Member here, was here a loooong time ago under the handle LeeMXT - that was an age ago!

Aaaanyways... I've had a small move from the UK to Australia - and with the change of scenery/climate I decided to change sides - from Minotaurs and Dark Eagles Loyalists I've gone over to starting a World Eaters warband...

Been pretty slow working this last month or so - the heat here in Brissy is killing me, but here's a few pics of my first kitbashed Bezerker squads:

I decided to go for two basic squads from my 16 I had around - both power fist and 2 plasma pistol loadouts. To help me transporting and sorting squads I've decided to sort them into a standing and running squad.

Here's the Standing squad - much easier for aiming poses and combat/defensive stances.

Standing Squad

The running posed squad below:

Running Sqaud

I've developed something of a hatred for the chainsword/axe arms on the bezerker sprue so I've taken to mixing in the standard Chaos marine ones as they're a little more dynamically pose, and with some hand swaps you can come out with some much nicer poses than the standard stock arms - one of the chainsword arms in particular is a terrible design, its useless!

Here are my two champions for their respective squads - I'm trying to keep the poses and component selection as individual as I can for them, I'm not really a fan of the traditional 'bosspoles' for champion models, simply a more effective paint scheme and wargear should do the trick nicely I think. Note the resin powerfist from the forgeworld kit I bought on eBay, I don't mind spending a few bucks extra for the right component.

Standing Champion

Running Champion

Power Fist Detail

Still need a champion backpack for the Running one, but they're both near enough finished apart from their pre-painting cleanup.

I've decided to go along the lines of World Eaters as a Warband - which means including bolter squads as additional scoring/support units, using a decent kitbash of the plastics on offer these days, the bezerker helmets on chaos marine's seem to work well, I just feel a bit bad sometimes for covering the chestpieces up. Heres a peek at a bolter marine pre-cleanup and a heavy bolter marine I'm rather pleased with...

Bolter Marine

And the heavy bolter marine...

Heavy Bolter

I've not even began to get involved with greenstuff and plasticard again, I've got to build up my Tool collection here in Brisbane - however I've a few interesting projects in the works including:

2/3 rhino's in the Subtle Discord style (that Havoc Launcher design is stunning!)

Mk2b Land Raider (if I can find/convert one!)

DIY Khârn conversion

FW Kitbashed Terminators soon

Would love to hear your thoughts...

RhythmDoctor/Lee

Looking good so far. I personally hate the arms and most of the heads that come with the Berzerker kit so use a lot of parts from the chaos marines box. Look forward to your rhinos and seeing some paint on these. Keep it up. :)

Nice solid start. It's good to see someone doing Khorne as a combined arms force. I've always felt that, regardless of fluff, any force is going to need a combination of Assault, Tactical, and Support. Would World Eaters favor close combat and have a larger percent of their force devoted to it? Yes. Will that bulk close combat force still require Transport and Support? Yes. Taking the codex too literally is just too one dimensional for me.

And I agree with Biohazard about the 'Zerker arms. They are so... stiff. They convert really well though, and just a simple 'twist' at the wrist, elbow, or shoulder makes the model look so much better.

Little update...

I'm still waiting on additional parts for the 'zerk squads, so I've made a start on my Terminators. I'm waiting on my FW order coming in - so I've spent the time playing with components - particularly the bases and weapons.

gallery_64743_6705_972261.jpg

gallery_64743_6705_466614.jpg

gallery_64743_6705_183513.jpg

As you'll see, I'm using the 'desert' style bases (I've forgotten the manufacturer but will let you know when I find them!) - I find they give a decent platform for them to stand on - and with the stock legs its pretty simple to pose them more dynamically.

gallery_64743_6705_480932.jpg

gallery_64743_6705_312300.jpg

I've modified some of the weapons too - I have the FW chainaxes on order to replace the stock 'power maul/axe head, and the powerblades from the combi-flamer has been replaced with a chainblade - I'm aiming for no powerblades in this squad. With that said, I may leave the powerblade on the lord combi bolter - I'm quite fond of that, and its more easier to define the squad leader, though I'm not having a champion.

gallery_64743_6705_638515.jpg

Lastly, but by no means least - here's my progress on the bolter squad - 6 strong now and will be up to 10 man soon...

gallery_64743_6705_939153.jpg

Should be rounded off nicely when the kits arrived - luckily I'm away on business for the next few days so its not going to be as frustrating - hope they arrive by then though!

Whaddya reckon? Anyone else use similar scenic bases?

RD

Another mini-update...

I found out the provider of those bases, they're called Back 2 Basix - an ebay store with the user 'aaroncairns' running it.

The bases I'm using are a comination of 25mm dirt and 40mm desert. I've just ordered some 60mm desert bases for when my Dreadnought and Daemon Prince arrive - another FW kit order I'm waiting on! :fakenopic:

Archived